• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Triforce Quest Improvement (Inadvertently) Revealed

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It looks like the improvement to the Triforce quest in The Wind Waker HD has been unofficially unveiled. As you can see in the image below, this is normally where you'd get one of the Triforce Charts, which you would have to get interpreted by Tingle (for 398 rupees each) to find the shards.

However, Link his holding up a Triforce SHARD in this image rather than a Triforce CHART. This MUST mean that the charts have been cut out in favor for skipping straight to the shards.

This is brilliance. I'm sure it will still be somewhat of a chore to get them all, but it will be MUCH LESS of one now that the middleman has been cut out.

1150834_10152091298053294_1904689116_n.png

P.S. That image significantly emphasizes TWW HD's lack of cel-shading, which increasingly pisses me off. That is all.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I agree with the cel-shading comment. That's one of the major reasons I loved Wind Waker. I still can't wait for the game though.

As for the Triforce Quest itself... THANK YOU MIYAMOTO. I LOVE YOU.

Big Octo

=^)
That's interesting. Personally, I've never really bothered with finding both the charts and shards themselves as well as paying the price. Money isn't hard to come by in The Wind Waker, so it hasn't been a problem for me.

Now that this route is being taken in the remake, the opposers may finally be satisfied. Nice move Nintendo.

However, I'd like to mention on more thing. If Nintendo is taking this route, then I'm assuming that the player can recieve the Triforce Pieces earlier than usual. A suggestion of mine would be having the textbox tell the player "You found a mysterious object..." or something along those lines BEFORE they are officially sent on the hunt. This way, nothing is apoiled for those that have not played before. Just an idea.

As for the Triforce Quest itself... THANK YOU MIYAMOTO. I LOVE YOU.

I think you should be thanking Aonuma for this one. ;j

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So TWWHD is effectively fanservice ten years after the fact? Interesting...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I don't know. We could be jumping to conclusions about this shot. It's only one piece, and they may have moved the charts and how they're used around.

MW7

That's what I was hoping they'd change. This along with the faster boat probably makes this worth buying for me down the road. This would knock off maybe about 15 minutes of mindless gameplay unless you have your route through the game extremely well-planned. Nice find JJ!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
That's what I was hoping they'd change. This along with the faster boat probably makes this worth buying for me down the road. This would knock off maybe about 15 minutes of mindless gameplay unless you have your route through the game extremely well-planned. Nice find JJ!

Not enough to warrant a purchase from me, but it's certainly better than nothing. I gotta hand it to Nintendo on this one.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Not enough to warrant a purchase from me, but it's certainly better than nothing. I gotta hand it to Nintendo on this one.

It isn't enough to warrant a purchase from me, either. It's definitely a good change, but it is NOT worth $60. I'm sorry, but the "least" Nintendo could do is add some new sort of 'second quest' mode. However, they did not fail but flat out REFUSED to add such a mode. I don't know what sort of moneygrab technique Nintendo is going for, but different graphics and slimming down on the annoyances is not enough. I'll wait for the game to reach ~$30 before I reconsider.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
This should improve it a lot--though I'd still rather see full dungeons for the Triforce. It looks like Link is the only thing not cel-shaded in the picture; it's weird, he looks like a clay doll.

MW7

It isn't enough to warrant a purchase from me, either. It's definitely a good change, but it is NOT worth $60. I'm sorry, but the "least" Nintendo could do is add some new sort of 'second quest' mode. However, they did not fail but flat out REFUSED to add such a mode. I don't know what sort of moneygrab technique Nintendo is going for, but different graphics and slimming down on the annoyances is not enough. I'll wait for the game to reach ~$30 before I reconsider.

Actually I agree with both of you. I'm pretty sure I will buy it, but it definitely won't be a day one purchase. I won't even buy a Wii U until there are several games I really want released (Zelda, DKC, SS:cool:. So by the time I actually have the system I'd expect to be able to buy the game used for much less than $60.

I agree that this game does feel like another Nintendo cash-grab. They have a right to sell us virtually the same product over and over though, and there will certainly be a decent amount of people who will happily pay $60 for it. It's really amazing that the company managed to lose money in its 2012 fiscal year. At least they put some work into this game, but like you said the stubborn refusal to put another mode in the game was disappointing.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!

No lie, if they had made the "second quest" -- the one where the Hero's Clothes are invisible, so you essentially play the game with Link's starting outfit, and where the Ancient Hylian text is translated -- into a Hard Mode, it'd have pretty much been an instant purchase from me. But, nope, no dice. Which means no deal.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Nice refinement in my opinion.

This is definitely looking like the best game to buy for the Wii U, which is slightly odd, but to be honest nothing else on the console interests me. At the end of the day, this game is what it says on the tin; it's a HD remake of The Wind Waker, I think people are expecting a little but too much. At the start I was thinking that it would just be a revamp in graphics, but now we're getting some refinements to please those who found them to be a hindrance in the main game.

I think this sort of polishing is great and it's exactly what was done with Ocarina of Time, but I think this game has the edge just because of the new functioning with the GamePad, that will surly give this game a slight advantage. I would have liked a Master Quest, a boss rush mode, new islands, new dungeons etc. but at the end of the day, Nintendo never promised this, they set out for a HD remake and we're getting this with some more refinements and a new control scheme which will demonstrate how future Zelda installments on this console will play out. That's enough for me and, truthfully, easily the best game on Wii U.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
JJ and Amy already summed this up for me. It's a good change, but it means **** all in the grand scheme of things. I'll be fine with my copy of TWW on Dolphin. :)

Seems like that'll be pretty nice for a lot of people. The triforce quest never bothered me that much, but I don't care that it's been modified.

P.S. You took, like, the only shot out of the new trailer that isn't beautifully cel-shaded and used it to complain about 'TWW HD's lack of cel-shading'. I presume the darker parts in the game, like at night and in caverns and stuff, won't have much cel-shading, because, you know, that makes sense.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I dunno why a hard mode would change anything...with Nintendo, it just means you can't take as many hits. Whoop-dee-doo. I can do that with a 3HC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom