• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Triforce Quest Improvement (Inadvertently) Revealed

Salem

SICK
I dunno why a hard mode would change anything...with Nintendo, it just means you can't take as many hits. Whoop-dee-doo. I can do that with a 3HC.
it might be hard if you're the type to play the game carelessly and get hit a lot and stuff.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know if this will be the version used for speedrunning though, because while Zombie Hovering is still possible, it will take longer because you can't use the tingle tuner, you have to have bottled fairies. With the time saved though (and the fact that the non-tuner route is only about 20 minutes longer), they may be able to combine zombie hover with fairies with not zombie hovering when it's not entirely convenient and overall get a quicker time.

This isn't confirmed. Some people actually were trying to do glitches in the TWWHD Demo that was held back in June/July at select Best Buys, so ZHing may have been patched. Wait til the final product is released.

Yeah, but don't those Darknuts hit 3 hearts or something? You can already do this.

I play TWW with a "Link takes double damage" cheat. For my playstyle (rarely using Parries), I do get hit quite a lot, but playing TWW normally means I won't ever die. A hard mode, possibly with better and more serious AI, would be much appreciated. ;p

I read this comment on ZI, some trigga thinks he knows what's up
Now whats going to be the point of all those rupees all over the ocean? And Tingle? I didn't mind the triforce quest. It required a bunch of side stuff and exploration to complete. Now a ton of content appears to be rendered useless because of this change. There is no reason to explore and collect rupees like before. I'm not sure this change is a good thing. It appears as though they altered this game too much in my opinion. I'll no doubt buy and play this version though.

And while I'd say he has a point, I think we should wait. Maybe the triforce pieces will be in minidungeons now? Which would be rather cool imo.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
I was obviously talking about OoT so don't derp me if you don't even understand.
I had to go to the wiki to make sure there was no Iron Knuckles in WW even though I was 99.99% there wasn't one in WW, I was confused so therefore I derped.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'm mad at Nintendo, at the rate they're going it may as well be "game like WindWaker that is really nothing like Windwaker"

I personally enjoyed the triforce hunt with the salvaging. It's going to stick out even more that this isn't the Windwaker I loved.
> inb4 you're just a WW fanboy

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm mad at Nintendo, at the rate they're going it may as well be "game like WindWaker that is really nothing like Windwaker"

I personally enjoyed the triforce hunt with the salvaging. It's going to stick out even more that this isn't the Windwaker I loved.
> inb4 you're just a WW fanboy

Woooooooow, they changed up one little thing that everyone complained about. That makes it a completely different game! GASP!

Honestly, I'd argue they haven't changed ENOUGH. :/

Salem

SICK
What was really annoying for me about the triforce quest was that you have to get Tingle to decode the charts one at a time instead of all at once, I was mostly neutral about the salvage stuff.

Why would you NOT swift sail?
It depends on how fast the swift sail is, for example, assuming they haven't changed a thing about the mermen(which I honestly find more annoying than the Triforce hunt) we might accidentally sail past them or something. They may be other things they have to change to account for the increased speed.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
a decade old game is the best game for a new modern console,that is NOT a good sign

That's what they said about OoT3D and the 3DS. Look at it now o_O

It only bugs me because it's the only major change, had it been optional like fast sailing I'd have been fine with it.

You're still doing the necessary salvaging to get pieces of heart among other things. It's not too big of a change yadig. In fact, it just makes things easier for the player. No harm done in an already easy game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom