• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce in SS?

L

Legendary Dude

Should the Triforce be obtainable in SS? Or should you collect the pieces of the triforce?

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Oh definatly not. I think its better that the triforce stays as it is. A symbol of the three pieces like the people who held them in Oot.
Making it an item would be pointless and tasteless.

:triforce: The Seventh Hierarch :triforce:

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I really don't think that the Triforce will be in SS. As much as I like the concept of the Triforce, I think it hasn't got a place in the story. But, we'll have to wait & see. I'm thinking of a theory, which I'll post in a different thread. And, an abosute NO to collecting the pieces again. Keep It Whole.

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
If anything, it may be like in OoT where it played a substantial role in the development of the story and served more of a symbolic purpose rather than an actual item that you collect/obtain like in WW or the original LoZ.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
But think about it. SS is establishing it's place as first in the timeline; while that may change with future games, that's an important spot to be holding. How can you not include the Triforce as a key element in the earliest tale of Zelda, when it is such a crucial part of Zelda's story in general?

I don't know whether they will actually include the Triforce in SS, but I do think it would make sense if they did.

I hope that if the triforce plays a role that it adds some noticeable powers to the game. Because the triforce never really does something except storywise, so some gameplay effects would be nice.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I hope that if the triforce plays a role that it adds some noticeable powers to the game. Because the triforce never really does something except storywise, so some gameplay effects would be nice.

You mean give Link some sort of boost in power? I'm not sure how that would work though, since Link's piece of the Triforce is courage. I mean it works with Ganondorf since his Triforce IS power. What kind of "additional in-game power" is the Triforce of courage going to give you? Unless having it enables you to learn dangerously powerful new stunts that you *didn't have the courage to try before* according to the game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Triforce should never be an obtainable item in Zelda. The Triforce doesn't need to be overused like that. A Link to the Past was different, as it was a different time. The Triforce is a much bigger thing now. It's like the goddesses in that sense. It doesn't really need to be brought out that much.

You mean give Link some sort of boost in power? I'm not sure how that would work though, since Link's piece of the Triforce is courage. I mean it works with Ganondorf since his Triforce IS power. What kind of "additional in-game power" is the Triforce of courage going to give you? Unless having it enables you to learn dangerously powerful new stunts that you *didn't have the courage to try before* according to the game.

It could be a lot of things, certain sword techniques or magic abilities. We see Zelda and Ganondorf with extra abilities through the power of the triforce. So why not Link? Zelda's is wisdom and she gets powers, possibly through her wisdom why cant link obtain power through courage. I just think that the triforce needs to add something besides a story element.

whiteknight455

The Zelda Nerd
I think it should add some abilites like the awesome jumps that make you jump a little farther in MM or maybe like some awesome sword technices like in TP

Hero of…. #s, I guess
Look at storyline. SS is before Ocarina of Time. In OoT, the Triforce is in the Sacred Realm, and hasn't been touched. Ergo, no Triforce AT ALL in Skyward Sword.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The most we're likely to get is references to it. It'll be there in symbols obviously. It might be mentioned at the most. But it probably will not be anything beyond that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom