• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Traditional Walking or Epona?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
i believe it depends on the map... if it's a BIG Hyrule Field, like in Twilight Princess or OoT, then Epona would be nice. But for small fields like Termina from Majora's Mask or the Hyrule Fiels from Minish Cap, you could walk from place to place...

O

Oldewindmill

Here's an idea that seems pretty radical, but I think it would be really cool if instead of a horse, Link rode some kind of flying creature in SS. It would make sense with the gameplay, as it would allow Link to go between Skyloft and Hyrule without warping. I also think that it would fit the game's impressionistic character quite well, as it's a great design opportunity and flying around in the skies above Hyrule could really showcase the beautiful clouds and other such aesthetic denizens of the atmosphere. :) I think a winged horse, like Epona, would kind of fit, or if at some point in the story Epona received wings (as a dungeon item or a great fairy's gift or something) would also work, but I think it would be best if it were a different creature altogether. Something large and feathered would be best, IMHO. It would fit the game's style and still feel pretty epic.
Note that this is not a prediction. This is a suggestion of what I would like. There is a gargantuan difference.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Well, I think that they have not tapped into a major gameplay element by not using Epona much in the games. Honestly, if they made arrows and bombs more useful, so that you ran through them a lot faster, one could use Epona as something of a portable storage system: you could put extra arrows, bombs, and other expendable objects in her saddlebags. This would add a whole new level of usefulness for Epona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom