• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trading Card Games

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum?! I hope you guys are going to enjoy the holidays having great times with those you care about. It has been a long since I posted up a thread. This one is going to be a exciting one for me! :3

Trading Card Games. We know them, have/had collected them in the past, keeping them in storage, and know at least one person who still plays. The maini question for this thread is what was/is your favorite TCG? If so, do you still play/collect the cards in the new booster packs and decks?

My personal favorite is Yu-Gi-Oh and I'm proud to be part of that specific TCG community. I'm still buying and trading new cards of the 4th generation of cards (surprising it hasn't reached more generations as most people would have thought). 1st runner-up would be Pokémon and 2nd runner-up is Magic: The Gathering!

Interested in TCG, still collect and trade, want to discuss you favorite TCG? Join my group of TCG!

Talicor

Bringer of Dragons
Ha! I actually played Yu-Ghi-Oh when I was younger! I didn't have many cards, but they were powerful! I still have the first generation Blue Eyes White Dragon and an old gaming pin. I also have a cousin that has EVERY SINGLE Pokemon card, including all the Unknown, all the Legendaries, and all the shiny Pokemon as well!

Kirino

Tatakae
I used to play a lot of Yugioh. I have quite a collection of cards, including all 3 god cards, but I never play anymore. That's pretty much it, although I did have a small collection of Pokemon cards, before I gave them away.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I used to play Magic fairly heavily about 10 years ago but I've since sold most of my collection off.

My favorite has always been Yugioh. I had quite a collection until i gave it all away (which i regret). I promised myself to stop playing when i got the "Dark Magician Girl" card. Now i find myself wanting to get back into the game, but the cards and rules have changed. I miss the old Yugioh.

My first trading card game was Pokemon. I remember my first card was "Cubone" and i shall never forget it. Pokemon TGC didn't catch my interest as a game, but it had me wanting to catch them all. I eventually "lost" most of my cards while moving and i still have what's left in a little pink box.

Magic:the Gathering was a game i wanted to get into, but Yugioh kind of had me obsessed. Some friends taught me it a little, but i never went and bought some cards. Eventually some friends gave me 2 cards, but that's about it. I still don't know what happened to those cards to this day.

Kazumi

chagy
I learned how to play Magic a few years back when my friends were really into it, and I have one deck that I built and bought. I'm not particularly skilled nor do I have a large collection, but it's a fun social thing to do with friends. Unfortunately I haven't played in a year or so because my friends aren't really into it any more.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Back in the day, I used to play Yu Gi Oh! because all my friends did. We of course collected Pokemon cards, but no one ever knew how to play the game...in fact, I still don't know how to play the Pokémon TCG! xD

Fortunately for me, though, i stopped playing all TCGs around 3rd grade. They were becoming a negative, habitual practice that got in the way of studies. I'd love to pick PKMN back up and finally learn how ot play it after, like, 13 or so years, but I simply don't have the time. :lol:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Back in the day, I used to play Yu Gi Oh! because all my friends did. We of course collected Pokemon cards, but no one ever knew how to play the game...in fact, I still don't know how to play the Pokémon TCG! xD

Fortunately for me, though, i stopped playing all TCGs around 3rd grade. They were becoming a negative, habitual practice that got in the way of studies. I'd love to pick PKMN back up and finally learn how ot play it after, like, 13 or so years, but I simply don't have the time. :lol:

I miss the Yu gi oh days :(

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I like Yu-Gi-Oh, I never really understood Magic or Pokemon, at least in card form, but Yu-Gi-Oh was pretty simple, a while ago I got bored and was making Sonic Yu-Gi-Oh cards, it was pretty fun, damn now I wanna finish them, I plan to put the folder up on the internet I might just share it here so all can see the awsomeness of Sonic chars in card form.

I also really liked the show for Chaotic and I wanted to try that out, I got decks but the site was a little confusing and I didn't know anyone in real life that played so I never got to play it, I wish they had made it just with sprites already on the site and if you had a card you entered it's code an it would let you use it in an online game to fight people like they do in the show just making it a 2D map, would look kinda like Mugen I guess but it would have been mega fun.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Pokémon.

I used to go to Pokémon League every week to play cards there, but it's been a while now. Ever since Black and White came out, I haven't really been into that as much. The problem with Pokémon is that old cards get banned as new ones come out. I'm pretty sure my whole deck, full of mainly HeartGold/SoulSilver primes (like Crobat prime, who's absolutely awesome), is now banned, since I haven't been there in so long. And my strategy no longer worked after B/W. I used an Umbreon with Moonlight Claw, which make itself invulnerable to Pokémon with PokéPowers and PokéBodies, which almost every legendary/prime had, making the opponent unable to attack with their most powerful Pokémon as I slowly kill them. However, B/W removed all PokéPowers and PokéBodies, renaming them "Abilities" or something – so Umbreon's attack did nothing. And I haven't had time to make a new deck since then, since I have very few decent B/W cards. (I got Mewtwo EX at the only B/W prerelease I went to, though, and that was the rarest card at the time. I went undefeated in the competition by using him as my ONLY attack Pokémon in a deck full of psychic energies and two other basic Pokémon with "Call for Family", which could get Mewtwo out of my deck. ^^)

However, when I did play, I was pretty good. My sister and I entered a city tournament. She scored second place. Funny enough, she would have been first, if we hadn't had the misfortune to be paired up first in our first round and I beat her. I was the ONLY one who defeated her, just because I knew her deck so well. If I hadn't, she would have been undefeated, and then there would not have been the tie-breaking semi-finals that she lost. XD

Also, we were first and second place for the Battle Road tournament. I don't remember which of us won, but I do remember thinking about how funny it was that we were the only two left in the semi-finals, and we had to battle each other for best two out of three to see which of the two sisters won. Haha, it was awesome.

...This makes me want to play Pokémon again. D:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
When I was a kid, I collected Pokemon Cards. I never learned how to play.

And a few years ago, I was big into Magic. I was pretty good, too. I won quite a few Friday Night Magic and con competitions with my homebrew decks. I also watched the professional tournaments every Saturday and Sunday.

My boyfriend is I share a collection. It's rather extensive.

I haven't played much lately, but I do watch the tournaments once in awhile, and I might get back into it when the new set comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom