• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TPHD First Impressions

Just finished the game. Overall I've got a positive impression. There's many small changes that just make the game better, mostly concerning things just being way faster. Climbing vines doesn't take forever anymore, you can tap a button to instantly transform, things like that. Unfortunately, they still haven't fixed the issue that has Link starting back at the beginning of the room he's in whenever he falls (instead of the last solid platform he was on), and it's unbelievable to me that they didn't catch this. Ocarina of Time did this correctly six years earlier, so why can't Twilight Princess 18 years later? The graphics look great for the most part, but I find the shading is off and it looks weird at times because it should be there but just.. isn't.

Another thing that irked me was the final duel with Ganondorf, but I'm not sure wether that was in the original aswell. I found I could only ever land a hit if I did that special skill that makes you roll on the ground and hit your enemy from behind, the name of which escapes me. All my other attacks were blocked. At some point I just started spamming that move, and never got hit even once, which made the battle rather boring. Is this really the only way to damage him?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Just finished the game. Overall I've got a positive impression. There's many small changes that just make the game better, mostly concerning things just being way faster. Climbing vines doesn't take forever anymore, you can tap a button to instantly transform, things like that. Unfortunately, they still haven't fixed the issue that Link starts back at the beginning of the room he's in whenever he falls, and it's unbelievable to me that they didn't catch this. The graphics look great for the most part, but I find the shading is off and it looks weird at times because it should be there but just.. isn't.

Another thing that irked me was the final duel with Ganondorf, but I'm not sure wether that was in the original aswell. I found I could only ever land a hit if I did that special skill that makes you roll on the ground and hit your enemy from behind, the name of which escapes me. All my other attacks were blocked. At some point I just started spamming that move, and never got hit even once, which made the battle rather boring. Is this really the only way to damage him?

There are two ways to damage the Dorf. The backslice and the chance attack where he comes at you and you lock swords.

I've only ever had the Chance thing happen once, right at the beginning of the battle, where I missed out on it and dodged instead. That's pretty lame, I think they could have done much better. I enjoy fighting Darknuts way more than fighting Ganondorf. :/

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
A thing that pleased me with the remake is that rupee alerts in the over world no longer happen when you start a game up from a save file. It was really irritating to be told what a yellow rupee was every time I loaded up a save in the original.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Run up to him, back up, he'll charge at you then hit A for the Chance QTE.
Or bait him with the hook.

D

Deleted member 14134

Just finished the game. Overall I've got a positive impression. There's many small changes that just make the game better, mostly concerning things just being way faster. Climbing vines doesn't take forever anymore, you can tap a button to instantly transform, things like that. Unfortunately, they still haven't fixed the issue that has Link starting back at the beginning of the room he's in whenever he falls (instead of the last solid platform he was on), and it's unbelievable to me that they didn't catch this. Ocarina of Time did this correctly six years earlier, so why can't Twilight Princess 18 years later? The graphics look great for the most part, but I find the shading is off and it looks weird at times because it should be there but just.. isn't.

I found the backslice wasn't working as much as I remember it. Were you playing on hero mode? I found that simply sidestepping his attacks and following up with an attack while he was still open was a good way to damage him. Otherwise the rolling wasn't working for me. Maybe my timing was just off.

Yeah, I was playing on hero mode. I tried the sidestepping thing, but just couldn't get it to work, so maybe my timing was off. ;)

A thing that pleased me with the remake is that rupee alerts in the over world no longer happen when you start a game up from a save file. It was really irritating to be told what a yellow rupee was every time I loaded up a save in the original.

Yeah, thank God they fixed that. Most annoying **** ever.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I've only ever had the Chance thing happen once, right at the beginning of the battle, where I missed out on it and dodged instead. That's pretty lame, I think they could have done much better. I enjoy fighting Darknuts way more than fighting Ganondorf. :/

I thought the final sword duel with him was pretty poor. The atmosphere was good but the fight itself was not hard at all.

One of the reviews of the original game summed it up. 'I went into the fight expecting Darth Maul. What I got was C3PO'

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Backslice is overrated. The running swing can end so many fights much more quickly.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I pretty much just finished playing it in 4x damage mode. The early portions of the game were brutal. As a wolf the shadow beasts can 1 shot kill you. The falling rocks on Death mountain can as well.
The big axe wielding guy outside of arbiter's grounds 1 hit killed me and I had 11 full hearts by that point. Lol

10/10 would face a million cheap deaths again. I actually enjoyed having my life be at risk this play through.

I love having shield bash be a button. Having only played the wii version I found the shield bash unreliable.

I just wish I could adjust the camera move speed. I found myself wishing it was a little faster.

I actually like having the stamps. It gives me one more thing to collect. I like that they only replaced rupee chests or added chests to fit them in. It feels like a better use of the chests. Imo

I pretty much just finished playing it in 4x damage mode. The early portions of the game were brutal. As a wolf the shadow beasts can 1 shot kill you. The falling rocks on Death mountain can as well.
The big axe wielding guy outside of arbiter's grounds 1 hit killed me and I had 11 full hearts by that point. Lol

10/10 would face a million cheap deaths again. I actually enjoyed having my life be at risk this play through.

I love having shield bash be a button. Having only played the wii version I found the shield bash unreliable.

I just wish I could adjust the camera move speed. I found myself wishing it was a little faster.

I actually like having the stamps. It gives me one more thing to collect. I like that they only replaced rupee chests or added chests to fit them in. It feels like a better use of the chests. Imo

Did you manage to escape the burning house during the second Tears of Light quest? I'm playing 4x damage mode aswell, and no matter what I did, the fire always instakilled me before I could make my escape, and I had to turn off the G-Dorf Amiibo for that sequence. I had four heart containers at the time, which is I believe the maximum number you can have at this point.

@Soul I lit the building on fire and left how I entered.
I had no problems.

What was hitting you there that was keeping you from escaping?

Maybe my timing was off. I did the same thing, but always got caught in an explosion when I entered the hole. Maybe I should have waited for that to go off before exiting?

Night Owl

~Momentai
Maybe my timing was off. I did the same thing, but always got caught in an explosion when I entered the hole. Maybe I should have waited for that to go off before exiting?
That could be, I actually waited around a few seconds before leaving just goofing off.
You actually have a good amount of time to leave the building.
I think the game gives you a last chance warning if you wait too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom