• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TPHD First Impressions

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
For those of you who have the game, what do you think so far?

I will update my first impressions later, as I am picking up the game in around 2 hours. But yeah, I decently excited to play TP again.

Looks good. Not amazing, but I'm enjoying myself. That said, does anyone have an idea how to activate the Ganondorf Amiibo? I don't get any reaction when I press it on the gamepad.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Everything is looking extremely nice.
WVW69i9XfZEPavrb1z

WVW69i9XgksWCB3zTK

WVW69i9XkwEsfMhnpv

Overall, it's very similar to the upgrade that happened between OoT and OoT3D. Everything looks really good, yet extremely faithful to the original.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Looks good. Not amazing, but I'm enjoying myself. That said, does anyone have an idea how to activate the Ganondorf Amiibo? I don't get any reaction when I press it on the gamepad.
You have to scan it in the gear screen.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Horse riding is definitely changed.
Riding Epona is a lot more akin to riding Agro in Shadows of the Collosus. Which is both a blessing and a curse. She feels a lot better to handle, and it is a lot more realistic. However, she can often be tough to handle at first. I actually had a bit of hard time jumping the fence in the first part of the game, something I have never had trouble with. However, Ordon Ranch is by far the most enclosed space in the game where you have Epona. So it is fine.

You have to scan it in the gear screen.

I know that's what you're supposed to do, but it just doesn't work. Does it for you? I registered the thing in the Wii U settings and all, and when I scan it on the title screen it says "you can use this in the collection screen", which I'm doing, but there's just no response at all for me. :( Really annoyed by this.

On topic, I'm severly dissappointed that caves aren't dark anymore. I remember in the first cave you go into you could barely see a thing without the lantern, and one of my favourite memories of the game was stumbling around in the dark in a cave near Lake Hylia after running out of oil. As far as I can tell, you can see perfectly fine even without lighting your lantern now, in the first cave at least. Why'd they do this?

Reactions: Pen
I know that's what you're supposed to do, but it just doesn't work. Does it for you? I registered the thing in the Wii U settings and all, and when I scan it on the title screen it says "you can use this in the collection screen", which I'm doing, but there's just no response at all for me. :( Really annoyed by this.

On topic, I'm severly dissappointed that caves aren't dark anymore. I remember in the first cave you go into you could barely see a thing without the lantern, and one of my favourite memories of the game was stumbling around in the dark in a cave near Lake Hylia after running out of oil. As far as I can tell, you can see perfectly fine even without lighting your lantern now, in the first cave at least. Why'd they do this?
Thats good, actually. I hated the dark caves.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

On topic, I'm severly dissappointed that caves aren't dark anymore. I remember in the first cave you go into you could barely see a thing without the lantern, and one of my favourite memories of the game was stumbling around in the dark in a cave near Lake Hylia after running out of oil. As far as I can tell, you can see perfectly fine even without lighting your lantenow, in the first cave at least. Why'd they do this?
It looks like you won't be able to use Amiibo until after a certain point. Am currently at Hyrule Castle. So I am guessing we will be able to use Amiibo after the first twilight section.

That's what I'm hoping for aswell, actually. I saw a video where someone was using it in the first dungeon, and since it responds at the title screen, neither the figure nor my gamepad are broken. I guess I'll just wait it out. Having only three hearts at the moment, I died often enough as it is. :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Press start, on gamepad you should see the amiibo function. Note that it doesn't appear immediately -- you have to advance in the story for a bit before it pops up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom