• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U TPHD Complaint Thread

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
TPHD did a lot of things right but also there are issues I've noticed while playing the game. Keep in mind some of this is my opinion from what I've noticed. Currently I have just beaten the water temple so I haven't seen everything yet.

So far I've only had issues with two thing. The gale boomerang targeting and some of the textures. For some reason (at least for me) it seems like it's a lot harder to target things with your boomerang than in the original game. Not sure if that's just me or if anyone else has had that issue.

Also I find the game to be a bit too bright. You can see in caves now and when talking to a light spirit the text is hard to read because of the backdrop behind the text being so bright.

So what do you guys have to say?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Three major complaints for me:

They didn't redo the character or scenery models which made the game look like it was from 2008 rather than 2016- Considering Gears of War, and Halo Anniversary 1 and 2 all redid the scenery and textures for their games and in the case of Gears of war even added new missions, it is really disappointing that Nintendo would charge full price for a remaster that did not do this. It would have really made the game look like a modern installment and given us the remake we were hoping for.

The highest difficulty requires the purchase of a silly plastic toy compared to games like the Witcher 3 that offer 20 hours of new story content for a similar price.

They did not orchestrate the soundtrack. Z.R.E.O and the Symphony of the Goddess concerts have shown us how good the music of TP could be if it was just recreated with real instruments. The decision not to orchestrate was mad. The midi is still noticeable throughout the game and the false choir is still horrible during the spirit of light cutscenes and the Dark Beast Ganon fight.

It doesn't completely fix the caves, but you can turn down the brightness to near original-level in the options, which is what I did. Didn't have any trouble reading the Light Spirit text.

As for my complaints, I *****ed about these before so I'll keep it short:
-Link still doesn't respawn on the last solid platform he was on when he falls.
-Some things still look really weird, especially leafes on trees.
-There's no voice acting when there really could have been.
-Rollgoal will prevent me from ever 100% completing Twilight Princess. I don't understand why every ****ing Zelda needs to have something like this.

They didnt put in a way to change day to night and the poe lantern is so bad it verges on useless (especially when the gamepad tells you the number of poes in the loaded area) so its pretty much utterly pointless.

Dont have to use the lantern, I know, but a song of passing was definitely needed.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
They didnt put in a way to change day to night and the poe lantern is so bad it verges on useless (especially when the gamepad tells you the number of poes in the loaded area) so its pretty much utterly pointless.

Dont have to use the lantern, I know, but a song of passing was definitely needed.

Actually it only counted the poes for the whole region, not the loaded area. And I found the lantern plenty of useful in terms of determining whether I had found all the poes in a specific loaded area. I especially appreciated that it would tell me this also when exploring in the daytime (though I really agree with you that there should have been a song of passing)

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
There's even that trope about wolves howling at the moon. It should have been a no-brainer.

You know now that I think about it, it would have been cool if you could only turn into a wolf at night time in the field (not in dungeons). It would make certain things more challenging.

You know now that I think about it, it would have been cool if you could only turn into a wolf at night time in the field (not in dungeons). It would make certain things more challenging.
Nah, that wouldn't have worked. Especially since an enormous complaint with TP is how large and empty the overworld is, people would have been livid if they'd have been forced to trot-trot-trot half of that on foot. Wolf is faster, and that was needed.

Nah, that wouldn't have worked. Especially since an enormous complaint with TP is how large and empty the overworld is, people would have been livid if they'd have been forced to trot-trot-trot half of that on foot. Wolf is faster, and that was needed.

Why'd anyone walk when they have a horse though?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Single biggest complaint?

Hero Mode uses the stupid bull**** flipped world. I was unbelievably pissed when I found that out. I wanted a challenge, not the vestiges of crappy copout corner-cutting.

Actually I thought the hero mode should have had the world the proper way round too. I'm not playing easy peasy mode just to get the canon version of Hyrule. I at least want a bit of challenge when I play.

Actually I thought the hero mode should have had the world the proper way round too. I'm not playing easy peasy mode just to get the canon version of Hyrule. I at least want a bit of challenge when I play.
Ganondorf Amiibo wasn't enough. Though I did get killed once, but it was a very circumstantial death. Wasn't from the challenge. (though actually it was kinda funny.)

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I love how people are complaining about the flipped world on hero mode, Well yeah it's gonna be flipped IT IS HERO MODE, they aren't going to let you have the same map, the point is to confuse you, look at Master Quest it had a flipped map layout inside dungeons and outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom