• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TP Sages, OoT Sages?? Connection??

MsNerrrrd

Demyx stole my cookies
FINALLY! I haven't been here in a while, and I haven't noticed the "Zelda Theory"- section before, and I tried to browse trough every (okay, not every...) page in here, and I didn't notice any of "my" theories being in here, so I though to start with the TP, and OoT Sages, and the possible connection between these.
And to start with, sorry for my poor english, due to my young age, and the fact I'm not from Great-Britain, USA, etc. Secondly, I'm not that sure that is this "theory" I'm babling about, like does it count as theory or just speculation, I'll let you choose, and I would LOVE to hear your thoughts as well.
SO...
*CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR OoT AND TP!!*
(I'm copying this almost directly from my old notebook where I list all my theories, so it might not be that clear, but I'm changing so that you guys can all understand, yeah?:)
"Well, this theory here will be about the Sages. Sages are commonly known throughout the series, but their biggest "performance", as I like to refer it, was in OoT.
Now, in OoT, (these are NOT in order) we had the Sages of Forest, -Fire, -Water, -Light, -Spirit, -Shadow, and -Spirit, and of course, Zelda, as their leader, and the Seventh Sage (Seven is a magical number after all XD... just kidding). And the Sages are actually here just normal living beings (I can't say humans...), and your job is to "awaken" them.
After defeating Ganondorf, all of the Sages, save for Rauru, are all seen at the top of Death Mountain.
In TP, we had the Ancient Sages, who lived atop the Arbiter's Grounds. After Link defeats Stallord, and gains access to the Mirror Chamber, housing the Mirror of Twilight, the Ancient Sages are the ones protecting the mirror, and are the ones to tell Link the backstory of Midna, Ganondorf's return, and other important stuff, considering the plot. (I haven't played the game in ages, so I possibly forgot something about this part... Sorry.) While they're telling how they were suppose to execute Ganondorf, Ganondorf broke free and killed the Sage of Water in the process.
Enough of the back story now. THEORY TIME!! *dundundundundundunduuuuun*
SO... Once you get to the Mirror Chamber, and get this cool cutscene from the Sages, you'll notice they look something like ghosts, and they're all bearing the crests from the Medals, from OoT, representing the Sages. (Fire, Forest, Water, etc.) And the Sages from OoT were all mortal beings, save for Rauru nobody knows about. So they most likely might be them.
BUT. There are only FIVE Sages, NOT SEVEN, as they were at OoT. Now we now that the Sage of Water was killed by Ganondorf, but that leaves us with one to go. My guess, it's either Zelda, or Rauru. Firstly (that's a word, I presume?), Zelda wasn't never told to be a Sage representing anything. She was simply stated as the leader of them. So Zelda could easily be the one.
OR Rauru. So as I sort of stated before, Rauru could perhaps be a immortal being, (which is most not likely, or I don't know really!), who is not the missing Sage. BUTBUTBUT here's some interesting stuff about him. Have you ever seen Rauru abywhere outside of Temple of Time, Chamber of Sages? No, you haven't. Did he show up at Death Mountain with the other Sages, in the ending of OoT? No, he didn't. Did he needed to be awaken as a Sage? No.
SO... (Sorry, this is actually part of another theory, but is vital to my explanation.) you might've also noticed Kaepora Gaebora's similarity to Rauru, no? So my other theory is that Rauru is actually Kaepora Gaebora, or that he possesed him, to put it shortly, and that Rauru used this as a method to communicate with Link outside of Temple of Time, Chamber of Sages, because he couldn't leave the Temple, because he was already an Ancient Sage!!?? Sorry, now this starts to be confusing, because I haven't explained my Rauru- theories, to you, but, if Rauru can't leave the Temple of Time, then if he IS one of the Ancient Sages in TP, then Arbiter's Grounds would be OoT's Temple of Time!? No, no, no, it was in the Sacred Grove. But in SS the "original" Temple of Time, was in the Lanayru Desert, and the Arbiter's Grounds is in desert as well, so could this be the Temple of Time from SS?? SS' Temple housed the Gate of Time, and in TP, the Mirror of Twilight. Are these two connected?? It's a mystery and the next theory I need to work with.

Sorry, I really need to stop this, so I'm leaving you guys with this: Let me hear YOUR thougts and theories about this! If something was confusing, as I think the end of the theory about Rauru and all most likely was, I'm more than happy to explain!
Bye!♥

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So my other theory is that Rauru is actually Kaepora Gaebora,

He is, it was confirmed in Hyrule Historia and also he does appear to be immortal or at least have a lifespan exceeding a hundred years since he is an ancient sage who actually built the temple of time. That makes him pretty damn old.

TP takes place hundreds of years after OOT, the sages there will either be ones awakened after OOT or in OOT they were all killed by Ganondorf which is why link needs to awaken new ones 7 years later. Why they are all white, I don't have a clue, probably a design choice more than anything.

N

Noop3451

Nice Theory/Speculation but one thing WHY IN THE WORLD DO HYRULES MOST WANTED PRISONERS STAY AT THE MOST SACRED PLACE IN HYRULE?! Probably because in TP the temple of time had been moved so the other place was no longer holy. Also SS took place long long before TP + OoT. And the place does look similar with the hyrule crest and that stuff. This kid has a point. Good Work you're probably a big Zelda fan.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
The seventh sage talked about here has to be Zelda. JIn OoT, she says that she is the seventh sage, so I believe that the seventh sage's position is passed down through the Royal Family, whether they are told of it or not.

SO... (Sorry, this is actually part of another theory, but is vital to my explanation.) you might've also noticed Kaepora Gaebora's similarity to Rauru, no? So my other theory is that Rauru is actually Kaepora Gaebora, or that he possesed him, to put it shortly, and that Rauru used this as a method to communicate with Link outside of Temple of Time, Chamber of Sages, because he couldn't leave the Temple, because he was already an Ancient Sage!!??

I know that the Hyrule Historia says that Rauru is indeed Kaepora Gaebora, but with the in game evidence, it seems unlikely. First, there is a gossip stone that says that Kaepora is the reincarnation of somebody. To be reincarnated, you have to be dead and Rauru is not dead. Second, Kaepora says outside of the Spirit Temple that
Even I thought that the tales of a boy who could travel back and forth through time was merely a legend.
If he were Rauru, he would have know this to be possible.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I haven't read Hyrule Historia, nor I haven't heard any of this stuff before, but certainly interesting. This should help me approve my theories now. Thanks!
You should read a translation, it contains allot of interesting things that you probably do not know.

I always thought that the Sages in TP are the spirits that inhabit the bodies of Saria, Ruto, Darunia, etc. when Link awakens them as a Sage. Since Link never awoke the Sages in the Child Timeline, we see only see the spirits in TP. I'll admit, there is a flaw in this theory in that Rauru had already been a sage for centuries, and didn't need to be awoken. But I can kind of explain this. Perhaps in times of peace, the spirits of the sages don't need to inhabit a body, and Rauru was only re-awoken when Ganondorf took the Triforce.

I do think it is an interesting theory, but I have trouble understanding why the sages of Ocarina of Time and (to some extent) even Wind Waker were these physical, sort of fleshed out characters, where as the sages in Twilight Princess were more like nameless, faceless spirit-figures. I mean, if they had been killed (by Ganon, or whoever/however)... wouldn't they be replaced by new, living sages?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom