• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler TP on the Adult Timeline???

i know it is almost completely accepted that TP is on the child side, but listen to this. young link isn't the hero of time, the hero of time is a hero that appeared out of nowhere and sealed away gannondorf, sounds a lot like link time traveling to beat him to me. and i am pretty sure that they talk about the hero of time in TP (i might be wrong but that is just a shard of evidence,).

some people say that it is on the child side of the timeline because link goes back and warns zelda about gannondorf, but zelda was the one who warned link in the first place, why would link warn zelda of something she already knows. to back this part up on my end, i say that the execution scene in TP is the sealing of gannondorf in OOC, the sages seal him away into the twilight realm.

people say that, that cant be true because it didn't happen at the mirror chamber.
my response you don't see what happened after you beat him, they make a bright light in the sacred realm, that could be them teleporting him to the mirror chamber, or less likely but still likely IS the mirror chamber.

and one more thing i am going to fit in here, the triforse! gannondorf has the triforse, why? because when link went back to his timeline, he didn't make sure that gannondorf lost his piece, being the reason for there being a triforse piece in him

one last note, people say that the heros sage looks just like link in MM with the guilded sword and the mirror sheild. Really, you think there is ANY similarity? i just cant wrap my mind around that

please critisize and try to prove me wrong, i am new at theorizing and like feed back

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It's a fair question, and yes, some of the things are not explained very well, but I'll do the best I can to answer your questions.

young link isn't the hero of time, the hero of time is a hero that appeared out of nowhere and sealed away gannondorf, sounds a lot like link time traveling to beat him to me. and i am pretty sure that they talk about the hero of time in TP (i might be wrong but that is just a shard of evidence,).

some people say that it is on the child side of the timeline because link goes back and warns zelda about gannondorf, but zelda was the one who warned link in the first place, why would link warn zelda of something she already knows. to back this part up on my end, i say that the execution scene in TP is the sealing of gannondorf in OOC, the sages seal him away into the twilight realm.
After Link is sent back in time, he finds himself in the courtyard with Zelda, where he would have seen Ganondorf for the first time through the window (as he had the first time). Zelda does not know the specifics of Ganondorf's plans, but she is suspicious of him and suspects that his treaty is insincere; she gains this suspicion from a sense of clairvoyance.

Princess Zelda said:
I had a dream...In the dream,
dark storm clouds were billowing
over the land of Hyrule...
But suddenly, a ray of light shot
out of the forest, parted the
clouds and lit up the ground...
The light turned into a figure
holding a green and shining stone,
followed by a fairy...
Princess Zelda said:
I was spying through this window
just now...
The other element from my
dream...the dark clouds...
I believe they symbolize...
that man in there!
Princess Zelda said:
I told my father about my dream...
However, he didn't believe it was
a prophecy...
But...I can sense that man's evil
intentions!

This is what Zelda warns Link of, but again, she does not know the specifics. However, when Link returns from the future, he tells Zelda that Ganondorf is planning an invasion of Hyrule to get the Triforce, and his exact plans; Link knows of them because he experienced them first hand.

to back this part up on my end, i say that the execution scene in TP is the sealing of gannondorf in OOC, the sages seal him away into the twilight realm.

people say that, that cant be true because it didn't happen at the mirror chamber.
my response you don't see what happened after you beat him, they make a bright light in the sacred realm, that could be them teleporting him to the mirror chamber, or less likely but still likely IS the mirror chamber.
This cannot be true; you actually see the Seven Sages seal away Ganondorf at the end of OoT, and there had been no in-game reference to the Mirror of Twilight existing at that point. Arbiter's Grounds, the location of the Mirror of Twilight, had also not existed at the time of OoT, as the Mirror of Twilight was built on top of Arbiter's Grounds. Besides, the sages shown in the execution scene in TP are not the same sages from OoT, as the OoT sages had not been awakened on the Child Timeline, because Link had not removed the Master Sword.

and one more thing i am going to fit in here, the triforse! gannondorf has the triforse, why? because when link went back to his timeline, he didn't make sure that gannondorf lost his piece, being the reason for there being a triforse piece in him
I'll grant you, that this is the most confusing part of TP. There are a couple theories behind why Ganondorf has a Triforce Piece. Consider the following quotation from Sheik in OoT:

Sheik said:
The Triforce...the sacred triangle...
it is a balance that weighs the
three forces:
Power, Wisdom and Courage.

If the heart of the one who holds
the sacred triangle has all three
forces in balance, that one will
gain the True Force to govern all.
But, if that one's heart is not in
balance, the Triforce will separate
into three parts:
Power, Wisdom and Courage.
Only one part will remain for the
one who touched the Triforce...the
part representing the force that
one most believes in.
If that one seeks the True Force,
that one must acquire the two
lost parts.
Those two parts will be held
within others chosen by destiny,
who will bear the Triforce mark
on the backs of their hands.

The highlighted portions are the most important; remember, when Link returned from the future, he returned with the Triforce of Courage. If you look carefully, it can be seen on his hand in the courtyard scene at the end of OoT. Since he returned to the past with the Triforce of Courage, the Triforce was no longer in balance. Because it must always remain in a state of perpetual balance, it redistributed itself to the three individuals chosen by destiny, each Triforce fragment to be awakened at different times. Ganondorf's fragment awakens long before the others, during the execution scene, many, many years before the events of Twilight Princess. The other two fragments will awaken in Twilight Princess Link and Twilight Princess Zelda, as they are chosen by destiny. In fact, Link from Twilight Princess is often referred to the Hero Chosen by the Gods, or the Hero chosen by destiny.
Another thing to note is that Twilight Princess occurs parallel to TWW, as indicated by Eiji Aonuma (which is also a strong piece of evidence why TP occurs on the Child Timeline). Note that in TWW, the Triforce is broken, likely because the Triforce of Courage was removed from the Adult Timeline, where it should have remained. It is quite possible that the Hero of Time returning to the past with the Triforce of Courage is what caused the Triforce to break in TWW, as it was no longer in balance.

ah yes some things i never really thought about, mostly the TWW caught me and i couldn't argue against that haha. but the arbiter grounds statment i meant that it was real in OOT and was just hidden in the dessert, but we can all agree that you have the more senseable statements

(oh and would you know why i always spell OOT like OOC?)

Pinecove

Last Chance
TP is on the child timeline, so says the word of God:

Question: When does Twilight Princess take place?
Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.
Question: And the Wind Waker?
Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time.

Source:
http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1173582355&archive=&start_from=&ucat=19

T Edoc

Made AluminiumMasterSword
Romani Ranch, Termina (Hopefully...*sigh*)
I think the Triforce got separated at (spoiler) the end of ALttP. C'mon, Link doesn't have a balanced heart either, he touches it and...
So yes, It also means I believe ALttP is in the Child Timeline, after OoT and before TP. :-)

I
remember, when Link returned from the future, he returned with the Triforce of Courage. If you look carefully, it can be seen on his hand in the courtyard scene at the end of OoT. Since he returned to the past with the Triforce of Courage, the Triforce was no longer in balance.
Hmm...maybe the mark is still on his hand when he returns to the past, but...the Triforce of Courage stayed in the Adult Timeline. It even got broken in 8 shards, which must be gathered in Wind Waker.

Locke had an idea about the Triforce (the whole one) glitching itself into thinking he has got separated because Link still had the mark on his hand (if that mark-thing is proven true). Then, the Triforce would have break into 3 pieces even if nobody touched it because it 'thought' that. :-)
That could be an alternative belief to explain why the Triforce got separated in the Child Timeline too.

Another thing that will never been said enough times - and I hate to have to admit it X( - is that at first TP was meant to occur in the Adult Timeline. Then, plans changed and they put it in the Child Timeline. Some remains - like WW writings on TP tombstones - could still be there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom