• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler TP Ganondorf, is He a Coward or Was He Being Strategic?

at The end of TP, we go to the top of hyrule Castle and their we come face to face with ganondorf, after his speech, he then Possesses Zelda and attacks link, Knowing that he is in zelda's body link could not directly attack Ganondorf without harming or the risk of killing Princess zelda, it was till Link reflects gonondorf's attacks back at him multiple times, this removed ganondorf from Zelda's body. so after seeing this event was this act being apart of ganondorf's Strategy? or was he being a coward?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Why not both? That was a very tactical move on his part, playing off the fact that Link wouldn't want to hurt Zelda. But that's still a very cowardly move.

Actually if you think about it, Ganondorf's always been kind of a coward. He preferred to let others make their moves in OoT before he swept in and enacted his plans to break into the Sacred Realm. He prefers to let others do the dirt work for him until the very end when he puts that aside and bravely faces them head-on. But then I think that those who spend their time scheming and manipulating other people towards their own goals are cowards trying to manipulate their own little worlds. I try to show the schemers how... pathetic their attempts really are. Upset the established order, and everything becomes... chaos.

Ok sorry I couldn't resist.:P

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I can see how he can be seen as a coward during his boss fight. Possessing Zelda to fight Link, turning into a giant pig beast when that doesn't work and even the horseback battle sees him running away and calling on ghosts (or whatever they were) to attack Link and Zelda before he has nothing left but to actually fight. Hmm, I dunno, it always felt to me like Ganondorf was just being cruel more than cowardly. But I can definately see how people could think of him that way.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck" -Every Master Sergeant ever.

Both strategically and tactically, I actually prefer to employ methods to trick people into making critical mistakes regarding my character, condition, or motives. An advantage (in this case, Zelda) is only one if you choose to use it. Since, being the ultimate evil, Ganon is largely ambivalent to the means by which he would achieve victory, I'll call this fair play.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
...Wait, I thought the whole reason he did that was so he could be Zelda (the ruler) and rule the land. There seems to be no other reason as Zelda does not get hurt from the battle.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
1. He didn't need to take over Hyrule, Zant already did that without her. It was likely a tactical decision to make Link not want to attack him. Ganondorf is a tactical genius, but h is certainly no coward.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I believe it was simply to show off a small bit of his power. A way to strike fear and despair into the hearts of the protagonists, showing that he can do the impossible, and there's nothing they can do to stop him. His possessing Zelda didn't really seem to keep Link from fighting back, it's not like being hit by your own giant energy ball doesn't hurt...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I believe it was simply to show off a small bit of his power. A way to strike fear and despair into the hearts of the protagonists, showing that he can do the impossible, and there's nothing they can do to stop him. His possessing Zelda didn't really seem to keep Link from fighting back, it's not like being hit by your own giant energy ball doesn't hurt...

This. I really do not think that Ganondorf was trying to be a coward, merely showing off his power. I mean, he manipulated Zant out of the butt, holds the Triforce of Power, and really orchestrated all of the events that transpired. Sure, Link beat Zant, but Ganondorf did not give all of his power to Zant. For all the G-Man knew, Link was little more than a fly.

i dont think its strategy or cowardice i just think its pride. Ganondorf is always underestimating Link and doesn't want to dirty his hands with someone as unworthy and so far beneath him as he views Link to be, so using Zelda would just be something like a sweet and cosy victory that would serve to feed his ego if he did win with her body, essentially not having to use his own hands on Link. thats what i think anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom