• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Totk Dragon Ending Theory

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
If you have to write threads worth of fanfiction explaining the thing that the game never built up to or explained then it didn't give a reason why.
We don't have to. Anyone who paid attention doesn't have to. Because we saw the clues and came to the natural conclusion. If you need the "fanfiction" to understand what happened in the game, that's a failing on your part, not the game's. You're blaming the game for your own inability to pay attention to what it was showing you., and as usual, you're largely ignoring and dismissing it when someone presents you with a list of things that happened in the game that clued in anyone who was bothering to look at the screen and think about it for a few seconds. That'd be like me, who largely ignores the story and lore of Elden Ring as I play through it, going around telling you what Elden Ring did or didn't do with its lore. Wouldn't that be crazy?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
like I'm pretty critical of parts of the elden ring story too, especially the DLC. I think you could draw a lot of parallels, like the fact that both games' storytelling styles suffer from the open world presentation

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
We don't have to. Anyone who paid attention doesn't have to. Because we saw the clues and came to the natural conclusion. If you need the "fanfiction" to understand what happened in the game, that's a failing on your part, not the game's. You're blaming the game for your own inability to pay attention to what it was showing you., and as usual, you're largely ignoring and dismissing it when someone presents you with a list of things that happened in the game that clued in anyone who was bothering to look at the screen and think about it for a few seconds. That'd be like me, who largely ignores the story and lore of Elden Ring as I play through it, going around telling you what Elden Ring did or didn't do with its lore. Wouldn't that be crazy?
The fact that they had to confirm in separate material after the fact that rewind was used, because there's nothing building up to it is pretty damning evidence. Gotta love when the same characters that tell you transformation is a one way street just undo said transformation with no effort.

I guess it does fit with everyone in Hyrule being an idiot. :eyes:

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The fact that they had to confirm in separate material after the fact that rewind was used, because there's nothing building up to it is pretty damning evidence. Gotta love when the same characters that tell you transformation is a one way street just undo said transformation with no effort.

I guess it does fit with everyone in Hyrule being an idiot. :eyes:
There is buildup, as previously explained in multiple posts. The only people who "needed it" to be confirmed in separate material are people like you. Why are you even continuing to try to discuss this if you're just going to ignore everything being said to you? Why am I still responding to you despite knowing this? Who knows!!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
There is buildup, as previously explained in multiple posts. The only people who "needed it" to be confirmed in separate material are people like you. Why are you even continuing to try to discuss this if you're just going to ignore everything being said to you? Why am I still responding to you despite knowing this? Who knows!!
I've yet to see any such part of the story pointed out, only people insisting that it's all there. It's a game where the same people telling you that the transformation is one way are the ones who can just suddenly undo it.

Mikey the Moblin

After thinking about it, I can see why someone would like the ending if they like, have a relationship with zelda? Which I don't understand what that would look like
but if you get the happy ending and then on top of it you're like WOW, AND ZELDA'S ALIVE AGAIN! Sure
much easier to ignore the fact that she didn't actually make a sacrifice that way
it just happens to be the case that the sacrifice was a significantly more compelling aspect of zelda's character and the story to me, so that ultimately meaning nothing just means there's nothing personally in the story for me to enjoy in the end

EDIT: I JUST REMEMBERED THIS IS THE STUPID OLAF THING ALL OVER AGAIN
olaf in frozen would have been such a great character if he had actually melted
now the line "some people are worth melting for" is a cheesy licensed valentine's day card line and not an actually heartwarming character moment like it could have been
pLEEEASE don't tell me you're happy olaf lived in the end
please

I'll edit it it once I see some.
As has been said, it was brought up

"That said, there were story elements to support the empowered recall, at the end. After all, we know that when a teacup falls (without getting caught), there is no getting it back either. Using recall relies on the memories of what is being recalled, and collecting Zelda's memories is a big issue, in this game. We are shown that individuals can combine powers to boost another's power. Then there's the visual elements of the empowered recall. (This is just off the top of my head, so there may be more story elements.)"

What's funny, is this quote was a response to you already lol

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

"That said, there were story elements to support the empowered recall, at the end. After all, we know that when a teacup falls (without getting caught), there is no getting it back either. Using recall relies on the memories of what is being recalled, and collecting Zelda's memories is a big issue, in this game. We are shown that individuals can combine powers to boost another's power. Then there's the visual elements of the empowered recall. (This is just off the top of my head, so there may be more story elements.)"

I'll edit it it once I see some. :eyes:

Mikey the Moblin

but this isn't evidence. Nobody in the story says, "to drop a teacup is the last resort! Once you drop a teacup, there's no turning it back into a teacup."
Explaining how recall works doesn't explain how it's able to reverse an irreversible change

@Bowsette Plus-Ultra

Smh, ok, let's rewind.

Azure said "There is buildup, as previously explained in multiple posts."

You said "I've yet to see any such part of the story pointed out, only people insisting that it's all there"

I quoted Ryuu ""That said, there were story elements to support the empowered recall, at the end. After all, we know that when a teacup falls (without getting caught), there is no getting it back either. Using recall relies on the memories of what is being recalled, and collecting Zelda's memories is a big issue, in this game. We are shown that individuals can combine powers to boost another's power. Then there's the visual elements of the empowered recall. (This is just off the top of my head, so there may be more story elements.)"

You may not agree with it being build up, but it is still build up, especially since what was done to reverse draconifiction was Recall.

As has been said, this is just one example of the build up

Explaining how recall works doesn't explain how it's able to reverse an irreversible change
Nobody's arguing there is an explanation how it changes it. They're just saying there was build up to the answer we got that did change it.

Mikey the Moblin

@Bowsette Plus-Ultra

Smh, ok, let's rewind.

You said "I've yet to see any such part of the story pointed out, only people insisting that it's all there"

I quoted Ryuu ""That said, there were story elements to support the empowered recall, at the end. After all, we know that when a teacup falls (without getting caught), there is no getting it back either. Using recall relies on the memories of what is being recalled, and collecting Zelda's memories is a big issue, in this game. We are shown that individuals can combine powers to boost another's power. Then there's the visual elements of the empowered recall. (This is just off the top of my head, so there may be more story elements.)"

You may not agree with it being build up, but it is still build up, especially since what was done to reverse draconifiction was Recall.

Nobody's arguing there is an explanation how it changes it. They're just saying there was build up to the answer we got that did change it.
don't argue with bowsette. Their reading comprehension isn't the greatest, and they're also prone to fits of disingenuity

and I disagree that zelda's reversion is foreshadowed/ "built up to". Any instance of recall being used is more prominently showcased as an example of the expected plot (zelda learns to control her recall powers and comes back to the present). Her swallowing the dragon stone is a plot twist, and a good one too
THAT'S an example of good foreshadowing. Either you pick up on the hints and be like "that dragon's zelda!" and get rewarded when you are right, or you don't pick up on the hints and afterwards realize "Oh! That dragon was zelda the whole time!" If you legitimately played tears of the kingdom, came to the conclusion not that zelda would turn into a dragon, but that she would turn into a dragon and come back ALL WITHOUT EVER LEARNING RECALL HERSELF BTW and came to this conclusion because sonia dropped a teacup or something you're actually unhinged. The story simply does not foreshadow her survival. Instances of the use of recall are not foreshadowing. We have examples of foreshadowing already in the game to compare to

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
@Bowsette Plus-Ultra

Smh, ok, let's rewind.

You have not pointed to any evidence that a reversion is possible, you've pointed to someone not associated with the game trying to explain how Recall works to transform Zelda back. There is no indication in game that Recall has such a power and the dragon transformation is described multiple times by the users of those powers to be irreversible.

I am down with the theory that everyone in Hyrule's past and future is an idiot, but that's about it.
don't argue with bowsette. Their reading comprehension isn't the greatest, and they're also prone to fits of disingenuity

and I disagree that zelda's reversion is foreshadowed/ "built up to". Any instance of recall being used is more prominently showcased as an example of the expected plot (zelda learns to control her recall powers and comes back to the present). Her swallowing the dragon stone is a plot twist, and a good one too
THAT'S an example of good foreshadowing. Either you pick up on the hints and be like "that dragon's zelda!" and get rewarded when you are right, or you don't pick up on the hints and afterwards realize "Oh! That dragon was zelda the whole time!" If you legitimately played tears of the kingdom, came to the conclusion not that zelda would turn into a dragon, but that she would turn into a dragon and come back ALL WITHOUT EVER LEARNING RECALL HERSELF BTW and came to this conclusion because sonia dropped a teacup or something you're actually unhinged. The story simply does not foreshadow her survival. Instances of the use of recall are not foreshadowing. We have examples of foreshadowing already in the game to compare to
Manners.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom