• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Totk Dragon Ending Theory

Daku Rinku

Dampe’s Acolyte
ZD Champion
MAJOR SPOILERS!
You have been warned.

IMG_2321.jpeg

At the end when Link with the power of Rauru and Sonai transforms Zelda back from her dragon form to Hylian, is it possible due to time travel parts of the game that all that happened is the Zonal power reset her back to before when she ate the stone and transformed into a dragon?

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It was the power of Recall that turned her back. Sonia and Rauru amplified Link's Recall ability to rewind her time back to before she swallowed the stone. That's why you can see the stone around her neck again after she returns to her original form. It's also why Link's arm is back to normal; the Recall hit him too and his body was returned to before he was struck with Ganondorf's gloom.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
It was the power of Recall that turned her back. Sonia and Rauru amplified Link's Recall ability to rewind her time back to before she swallowed the stone. That's why you can see the stone around her neck again after she returns to her original form. It's also why Link's arm is back to normal; the Recall hit him too and his body was returned to before he was struck with Ganondorf's gloom.
So theoretically they could recall back to before the calamity and kill baby Ganon?

Daku Rinku

Dampe’s Acolyte
ZD Champion
So like a Prince of Persia Sands of Time kind of thing only more powerful?

Edit: Did Ganon reset or is he perm dead?

Last edited:
While I would state "I believe..." or "Many think...", rather than "It was...", due to there being no definitive in game statement; I agree with the rest. (It's simply the difference between theory and confirmable fact.) I'm sure someone will find an alternate theory, but an amped up recall is the strongest, in my opinion. It's also why I think all three people needed to be part of the recall casting, so that their combined memories of Zelda are more complete. (Sonia tells Zelda that the ability relies on the user's memory of where the object was.)

At the end when Link with the power of Rauru and Sonai transforms Zelda back from her dragon form to Hylian, is it possible due to time travel parts of the game that all that happened is the Zonal power reset her back to before when she ate the stone and transformed into a dragon?
While I would state "I believe..." or "Many think...", rather than "It was...", due to there being no definitive in game statement
This has now been confirmed in Master Works. It was the "Ultimate Recall" that brought Zelda back.

Master Works (Japanese translation by QuestWithAaron):
"It is said that the combined power of light from Rauru and the power of time from Sonia lent their strength to Link, causing this miracle to occur.

The light that flowed from Link's right arm into the Light Dragon was likely the power of time. With the combined strength of Rauru and Sonia, they recalled Princess Zelda's rightful form and reversed time. The true nature of this miracle--could it have been an immensly powerful force akin to an "ultimate Recall"?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
This has now been confirmed in Master Works. It was the "Ultimate Recall" that brought Zelda back.

"It is said that the combined power of light from Rauru and the power of time from Sonia lent their strength to Link, causing this miracle to occur.

The light that flowed from Link's right arm into the Light Dragon was likely the power of time. With the combined strength of Rauru and Sonia, they recalled Princess Zelda's rightful form and reversed time. The true nature of this miracle--could it have been an immensly powerful force akin to an "ultimate Recall"?
I love when critical plot points are ignored in game so they can be explained in external supplementary material. Truly, peak writing. :eyes:

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac

So they could have gone back in time to kill baby ganon

Daku Rinku

Dampe’s Acolyte
ZD Champion
The oot time travel gets a pass because link ages along with it
And I'm not sure if demise was ever a baby
8bc4fe1fbb0b1d9358a195ee4932fee07195a598r1-750-824v2_uhq.jpg

I love when critical plot points are ignored in game so they can be explained in external supplementary material. Truly, peak writing. :eyes:
For the majority of the audience seeming to think it was obvious, I think it's more putting an end to the nay-saying.

So they could have gone back in time to kill baby ganon
I don't think recall, even so amped up, changes the past. It only returns something to a previous state, in the current time-frame. Plus, it's also stated, in game, to require memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom