• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 5 Reasons Why Link is the Coolest Character in Video Game History

1.) He's good looking, who can argue with that?

2.)He's a lady's man. i mean chicks dig him.

3.) Link is badass, he saves the world and has a hot girlfriend.

4.) His clothes are awesome, and he's got really cool items.

5.)And finally, he's most likely ripped from all the battles he does.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
1) Agreed with the 1st reason

2) Agreed with the 4th reason too.

3) He has an awsome horse called Epona

4) He can kick butt without needing combact

5) He is just plain awsome!!=p

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
1. He is "linked" to you, but still has his own character - at the same time, he doesn't show it enough to overpower your own adventure.

2. He weilds the Master Sword - the MASTER, and it's a blade that only responds to the pure-hearted.

3. He makes tights look *manly.*

4. He has the cutest ears.

5. Pick a weapon - any weapon. He has an emphatic knowledge of its use just by touching it. (Let's see what happens if we give him a gun)!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
1. Same as above
2. Same as above
3. He is very musically diverse and plus boomerangs are cool
4. He goes epic quests through a variety of worlds
5. Same as above

@ Shadsie "Link with a gun just wouldn't feel right unless they where he travels through the ages then it would makes more sense."

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
It's a joke - and one made by a fanfiction writer who's best-reviewed fan fiction does involve Link weilding a gun. (I'm a crazy writer of Zelda-Westerns). I'm actually tired of serious arguments on the matter - some people are fine with the idea of Link with a gun, some people hate it. I'm tired of hearing the whining and like writing weird fan fic. I also like making goofy jokes.

Link in World War 2 with a submachine-gun would be awesome, Ganondorf as Hitler. First item in a dungeon would be grenades and as transportation a tank. Would be strange, but funny.

Hylian knight agree with your music argument, another argument could be that Link does most of his questing on his own. Without much help of secret organizations of any kind

Mthegreat

Long Time, No See.
every freakin thing you guy said is my reason. Link is definetly badass

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
5.)

...Nope, I gotta do this right.

V: Link does one thing no other hero does: make a floppy green hat look awesome. (And Peter Pan does NOT COUNT!! His hat's totally different, anyway.)
IV: Link is always the Hero no matter where he shows up, and no matter who he fights. Or if he's a child or an adult. (Or even if he's not from the same bloodline.)
III: His name is Link.
II: He's the chosen wielder of the Triforce of Courage.
I: He's a left-handed swordsman!!

:eek:ctorok::tektite::wallmaster::chu::stalfos::keese::ganondorf: ALL PWNED BY :)
:( pwned by :cucco:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It's a joke - and one made by a fanfiction writer who's best-reviewed fan fiction does involve Link weilding a gun. (I'm a crazy writer of Zelda-Westerns). I'm actually tired of serious arguments on the matter - some people are fine with the idea of Link with a gun, some people hate it. I'm tired of hearing the whining and like writing weird fan fic. I also like making goofy jokes.

In silly little fan-fics, I'd have no problem with Link having a gun. (I mean, we see it in Super Smash Bros.) But, in a normal game, that just wouldn't work. It just wouldn't be The Legend of Zelda anymore.

4: He made Jack Bauer look a child with all the crap he had to do in Majora's Mask

Don't you mean Chuck Norris? :xd:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
My fic was rather long, was set up to be much like an actual game, and some people seem to think its pretty epic - at least according to reviews I've gotten and a site it's recommended on, but, yeah, my mention of a gun in this post *was* a joke.

- The point was, it seems like whatever new weapon Link acquires, he knows how to use it instantly, whether it's a Hookshot or a Spinner or some spell a Great Fairy gives him... I can imagine if someone handed him something totally foreign to Hyrule, like a gun, he'd know how to use it instantly, or if somene handed him an ICBM, he'd know how to use it instantly, because he's Link. =D

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
My fic was rather long, was set up to be much like an actual game, and some people seem to think its pretty epic - at least according to reviews I've gotten and a site it's recommended on, but, yeah, my mention of a gun in this post *was* a joke.

- The point was, it seems like whatever new weapon Link acquires, he knows how to use it instantly, whether it's a Hookshot or a Spinner or some spell a Great Fairy gives him... I can imagine if someone handed him something totally foreign to Hyrule, like a gun, he'd know how to use it instantly, or if somene handed him an ICBM, he'd know how to use it instantly, because he's Link. =D

Yeah, I know.

And I got that part ("...whatever new weapon Link acquires, he knows how to use it instantly...") right away.

Where can I find this fan-fic?

1) He can tame a horse with just a song.

2) He went from a youth to an adult in a second.

3) Anyone who owns the master sword is automatically cool

4) He gets to go visit awesome dungeons.

5) He has Zelda all to himself

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Yeah, I know.

And I got that part ("...whatever new weapon Link acquires, he knows how to use it instantly...") right away.

Where can I find this fan-fic?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4665742/1/The_Great_Desert ICBMs? No. Guns, yes. But also with swords. - It's basically The Legend of Zelda wild west style. It's drama/adventure, not comedy, and yeah, it's even weirder than it sounds. People seem to like it, though. It's one of my best-reviewed stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom