• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top # 3D Mario Worlds

Taking the 3D Mario games; 64, sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2, which are your top 5/10 favourite worlds?

It boggles the mind a little to recall them all but which have made a lasting impression on you with taking everything into account?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine have had the most lasting impact on me. They felt like genuine worlds of their own, and although I felt the camera and FLUDD could've been fixed and removed, respectively, they were still masterfully crafted to suit their settings. :)

If you're referring to overworlds, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Galaxy take the cake. Mario 64 is primarily due to nostalgia-trekking up the flights of stairs in Peach's Castle. Galaxy's hub was very lively with Rosalina checking in on you every so often and friendly Lumas around every corner.

If level design is taken into account, I add Super Mario Galaxy 2 to my list. The variety in that game is astounding.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Never played Sunshine, so can't say anything about that one.

As for the other three, my favorite is Mario64 followed by Mario Galaxy 2

My favorite worlds - well in Mario64 which is the one I know like the back of my hand, my favorite worlds include:
- Cool, Cool Mountain - ice slide, penguins
- Big Boo's Haunt - ghost mansion, 'nuff said
- Lethal Lava Land - going around the lava on the shell was just brilliant
- Shifting Sand Land - loved blowing off the top of the pyramid
- Wet-Dry World - loved how you got different starts depending on where in the painting you jumped and could change the water level
- Tall, Tall Mountain - loved the mountain slide (I love slides)
- Tiny-Huge Island - loved changing sizes all over the island

As for Super Mario Galaxy 2, I can't answer the question specifically because I haven't played it as much, but I enjoy it more than 1 because of playable Yoshi and I felt the levels had a lot more variation than with Galaxy 1

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Mario Sunshine had my most memorable. The worlds themselves were bursting at the seams with life

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
In no particular order...

Bob-omb Battlefield

Whomp's Fortress

Jolly Roger Bay

Cool, Cool Mountain

Big Boo's Haunt

Lethal Lava Land

Shifting Sand Land

Snowman's Land

Wet-Dry World

Tiny-Huge Island

None of the Mario games have courses that have the amount of freedom and exploration that Mario works so well with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom