• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds To Those Who Have Beaten the Game

Fig

The Altruist
Normal Mode:
1. 64213 rupees and 0 deaths.
2. 61028 rupees and 0 deaths.
3. 57460 rupees and 0 deaths.

Hero Mode:
1. 124923 rupees and 0 deaths.
2. 91934 rupees and 0 deaths.
3. 90876 rupees and 0 deaths.

I would go on and post all 20 times I completed the game, but I don't want to look or sound arrogant, cocky, showing off in any sort. I also hope you guys didn't feel inferior to my stats. I just had a lot of time in my hands during the first week of ALBW's release! :D

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Lol I slightly got more than you. I got around 29,000 and I know I was pretty close to 30k.

I found it super easy to find rupees in this game just a trip around Hyrule--slashing bushes, defeating enemies--was enough for me to find a decent amount of rupees. Then you had a lot of minigames which were rather easy to master and became a good tactic to make a lot of money in a short amount of time. Then, finally, you had specific grind spots where you could make tons of rupees in no time and with little effort. My personal favourite was the balcony area of Hyrule Castle: just defeat the Red Knights, leave the area, and return. You get 40 rupees every 10 seconds or so.

To be honest, and I am going off an a slight tangent here, this game really failed to delivery on its economy. It was better than the majority of games in the series as it had a particular importance in buying (mostly expensive items); however, the sheer easiness of obtaining rupees gave it less effectiveness.

Oh and I died twice. The first one was rather embarrassing; the second was during my run through of Treacherous Tower.

The biggest 'money-maker' for me has to be the treacherous tower, even if not beating your record you still get so many rupees

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The biggest 'money-maker' for me has to be the treacherous tower, even if not beating your record you still get so many rupees
Yeah I agree. Once you get your tactics right it's a breeze. It can be completed within a couple of minutes (around 5 or so) and I'm not sure on the exact amount of rupees, but you get several thousand.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
1) Normal Mode: 58301 rupees 0 deaths

2) Hero Mode: 89472 rupees 1 death

3) Normal Mode: 60103 rupees 0 deaths

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
JC said:
To be honest, and I am going off an a slight tangent here, this game really failed to delivery on its economy. It was better than the majority of games in the series as it had a particular importance in buying (mostly expensive items); however, the sheer easiness of obtaining rupees gave it less effectiveness.

Even though there were a lot of rupees everywhere, I still had items to buy after completing my 5th Lorule dungeon. Their relative expensiveness counteracted the plethora of rupees scattered across the game.

I suppose Mother Maiamai and the Blacksmith could have charged you for upgrades, but that would have been redundant.

Anyhow, I collected 36k rupees and died four times. Hopefully, I can do better on future runs.

Fig

The Altruist
Oh that's right! There's Hero Mode. I just listed my top norma mode games. :eek: It will be updated on my first post here for Hero more. What I can say is expect a huge rupee count. :eek:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I dont see how you guys get through the game with no deaths, i die all the time in this game, maybe im careless! I forgot to keep my rupee count, but im spending a lot of time in my Hero Mode run, so i will post my stats then. all i know is the death count is gonna be high!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I dont see how you guys get through the game with no deaths, i die all the time in this game, maybe im careless! I forgot to keep my rupee count, but im spending a lot of time in my Hero Mode run, so i will post my stats then. all i know is the death count is gonna be high!

Yeah, I'm kinda careless too...my death in Hero Mode happened really early on because of that. But once you get the tornado rod, everything becomes so much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom