• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Tingle or Skull Kid?

Which would you have preferred?

• I'd rather have Skull Kid instead of Tingle

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I'd rather have Skull Kid instead of Young Link

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I'm fine with both DLC characters

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I don't like either of the DLC characters

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'd rather have another character than Tingle

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I'd rather have another character than Young Link

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
The reason Tingle was added, most likely, was because of high demand in Japan. If you haven't noticed, Japan loves- LOVES- eccentric, bizarre, funny characters. Tingle just fits that category nicely. This would be why there are so many Tingle games in Japan that never quite made it here, in America, where we don't fancy weird characters as much. (Just my educated guess)

I guess Agitha fits the whole 'eccentric, bizarre, funny character' category then. She's a pretty popular character in Japan, too.

Oh trust me, I'm fully aware of how much they love Tingle. I'm just irritated because of all the times Aonuma said in interviews that they don't plan to bring Tingle into Western games anymore, or at least a lot less.

Lying creator, much?

I hope so. I'm tired of seeing good characters not being playable all because they're not weird & hilarious.
Actually I think quite the opposite. I think all the weird and hilarious characters are not in the game cause they are weird and hilarious. Tingle is not weird and hilarious to the Japan crowd hence he is in the game. Every other character in the game seems stock standard for the Zelda universe. Nothing weird or really cool like: Skull Kid, Groose and others. This is the one Zelda game where Nintendo could have gone all weird and crazy with their character inclusions and no one would be against it. Cause it all fits, the weirder the better. But no, Nintendo and KT played it safe. I think Majora's Mask N64 and others are the reason. Too much innovation in a Zelda game and sales suffer. So they limited the innovation in Hyrule Warriors thinking they needed to, to make sales. I don't think they needed to. The sales would have come no matter who was playable in the game.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I guess Agitha fits the whole 'eccentric, bizarre, funny character' category then. She's a pretty popular character in Japan, too.
hmmmm.... could be.
Her role in TP is some what eccentric. Only a select few people like bugs that much.

I never understood the dislike for Tingle.
It's not that I dislike him, I just dislike him being a warrior.
He's 35, he's not a fighter, he'll most likely break something if he over exerts himself, and on top of that- he's not very erm- pleasing to the eye. He kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. It wasn't quite as bad back when he had the style he did in Majora's Mask. He didn't stick out as much, and I dunno, I just like the original Tingle. Later Tingle designs I'm not very keen on.

It's not that I dislike him, I just dislike him being a warrior.
He's 35, he's not a fighter, he'll most likely break something if he over exerts himself, and on top of that- he's not very erm- pleasing to the eye. He kind of sticks out like a sore thumb. It wasn't quite as bad back when he had the style he did in Majora's Mask. He didn't stick out as much, and I dunno, I just like the original Tingle. Later Tingle designs I'm not very keen on.

He definitely looked out of place compared to the other characters. He kinda creeps me out due to his design in the game, too. I know he looked like that in MM, but he seriously falls under the uncanny valley because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom