• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline placement for Zelda U?

WHat timeline do you think Zelda U falls in?

• Downfall

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Child

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Adult

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm saying for now this is an Adult timeline game. Pre WW and post OOT.

This is going to be the era without a hero so Link is probably not going to don the green tunic and he won't be saving the day at the end. He'll be of the hero's bloodline but as we know, the legends told say there was no hero in green of this era. It doesn't mean that there wasn't someone who tried to save the day or worked more behind the scenes to secure peoples futures but their deeds were not remembered in history.

What I imagine will happen is the flood will occur and some will make it to the mountaintops. From what we have seen is there are a lot of moutains and plateaus in Zelda U and that leads me to think that could be what they have in mind.

There is the visual style which reminds me of the WW without the silly character proportions. Hyrule looks very similar to the one under the ocean in WW. There are the watchtowers just like in Ww. Bokoblins have taken on a piglike appearance yet again in Zelda U indicating Ganon's involvement. If you remember in SS the bokoblins of Demise were not piglike however Ganondorf's bokoblins and moblins have that quality about them and in one of the games I think it is said that he made them in his own image which is why his bokoblins and moblins have that piglike quality about them.

There's not much evidence to go off so far but that's my thinking for now.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'm going to assume it's going to be on the Child Timeline. I'm thinking it might be a Majora's Mask sequel following the Hero of Time when he returned to Hyrule. Alternatively, I think it could even be a distant Twilight Princess sequel.

Last edited:
I second the above, as I also predict a Twilight Princess sequel, based on the apparent amiibo functionality between Zelda U and TP HD.

I consider it the predecessor to SS, since I personally believe the Hyrule Historia bonus manga is noncanon.

If not that, then it belongs on the timeline where Link travels back and imprisons Demise in the Master Sword early, where the Skyloftians could return back to Hyrule earlier, since the imminent threat of Demise and Ghirahim was destroyed.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I second the above, as I also predict a Twilight Princess sequel, based on the apparent amiibo functionality between Zelda U and TP HD.

They won't have it so you can use the TP amiibo for this game. They'll bring out new amiibos which are exclusive to this game.

Thoughts?

You need a 4th option. Before the universe split.
Because I believe this will be a sequel to skyward sword. Or the next generations link. After the rediscovery of the surface world link chooses to live on the land and explore all it has to offer keeping in line with the "open world " mechanics.
My first piece of evidence is the hyrule historian timeline. If u look closely there are 3 empty "-" marks, maybe clues to future installments timeline. 1 after MM, 1 after the hero is defeated. And 1 right after skyward sword.

And to keep skyloft a secret I believe he purposefully packed away his hero's tunic, or skyloft knights uniform, if there are remnants of demises surface army then he would want to stay incognito, not to give away they have returned to the surface. Protecting the triforce until the sacred realm is created
Link would need to explore the suface world to search for new weapons,tools,and technology to protect his goddess

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
You need a 4th option. Before the universe split.
Because I believe this will be a sequel to skyward sword. Or the next generations link. After the rediscovery of the surface world link chooses to live on the land and explore all it has to offer keeping in line with the "open world " mechanics.
My first piece of evidence is the hyrule historian timeline. If u look closely there are 3 empty "-" marks, maybe clues to future installments timeline. 1 after MM, 1 after the hero is defeated. And 1 right after skyward sword.

And to keep skyloft a secret I believe he purposefully packed away his hero's tunic, or skyloft knights uniform, if there are remnants of demises surface army then he would want to stay incognito, not to give away they have returned to the surface. Protecting the triforce until the sacred realm is created
Link would need to explore the suface world to search for new weapons,tools,and technology to protect his goddess
Technically the adult timeline is a continuation of the unsplit chain of events. So you can say adult, and clarify it's Pre Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom