• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Time Paradox

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
How do you think Nintendo would explain this time paradox because i have absolutley no idea
A large time paradox occurs involving the fate of Demise. Originally, Demise was stripped of his true form and sealed underground; later, he emerged as The Imprisoned to fight Link on three occassions, before he was ultimately crushed by the Statue of the Goddess. When Demise was fought in the past, however, he was removed from underground and ultimately sealed inside the Master Sword, which was then placed in the Temple of Hylia. Because, chronologically, this defeat occurred before anything else in the game, this would mean that Demise should not have emerged as The Imprisoned, and indeed there should have been no need for the seal binding him underground, nor would there have been any need to forge the Master Sword or recover the Triforce. Thus, Link's defeat of Demise rendered his entire journey null and void- and yet, he still had to undertake that journey in order to defeat Demise, and the effects of that journey (the Master Sword, the descended Statue and Triforce, etc.) are still present.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Generally how I handle time travel and paradoxes and such is this: every time you go to the past, the dimension branches (as in the Split Timeline of Ocarina of Time). When Link went back in time to defeat Demise, he created a copy, of sorts, of the world of the past. The future that Link came from is wiped out because . . . well it's the future, it hasn't happened yet. His actions in that world affected the second timeline and had no effect on the original one (parallel dimensions). Don't ask me what happens when he goes into the future, because I haven't gotten that far yet :P . . . .

And if you don't buy that . . . well, it's called a paradox for a reason. Nintendo Logic. Sorry.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Demise exists outside of time.

But honestly, this would have been a better place for a 3rd timeline split...

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Can anyone also explain the tree paradox and how it was not present in the future from the start of the game and how is it that the thunder dragon is not alive in the present even though you healed him and he has eternal life

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
Can anyone also explain the tree paradox and how it was not present in the future from the start of the game and how is it that the thunder dragon is not alive in the present even though you healed him and he has eternal life

I've always wondered about why the Thunder Dragon is dead even after you save him! I suppose for everything you have to go with the answer that every time Link travels between times and messes with the past, a new timeline is created which he enters when he comes back into the future, avoiding a paradox.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I've always wondered about why the Thunder Dragon is dead even after you save him! I suppose for everything you have to go with the answer that every time Link travels between times and messes with the past, a new timeline is created which he enters when he comes back into the future, avoiding a paradox.
still doesnt answer the tree or dragon question ugh zelda logic

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The multiple branches theory couldn't happen because the Gate of Time only goes between two points.

Maybe we should accept the game with its timeline flaws. I love speculating, but time travel has never made complete sense in any medium, and I doubt it ever will, so maybe we should just leave it at that (run-on sentence FTW).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Maybe we should accept the game with its timeline flaws. I love speculating, but time travel has never made complete sense in any medium, and I doubt it ever will, so maybe we should just leave it at that (run-on sentence FTW).

Pretty much. Time travel always has been and always will be a fictional premise that can never exist in the real world. The only reason it exists in storytelling is because of how fascinating it is to think about.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me

He rewrote history and the world changed around him. Or if you prefer the multiverse theory, he traveled Fifth-dimensionally, or across parallel worlds.

Pretty much. Time travel always has been and always will be a fictional premise that can never exist in the real world. The only reason it exists in storytelling is because of how fascinating it is to think about.

tardis_delorean_races_by_terminian-d5s0wnz.jpg

*ahem* :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom