• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"Thread of the Week/Month" Events

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Can we have something along the lines of "thread of the week", "thread of the month" etc? If so I feel Krazy4Krash deserves huge recognition due to the sheer effort he has put into his Super Smash Bros. thread.

This will be the general area for discussing possible "Thread of the Week" or "Thread of the Month" events. The goal in mind is to nominate thread topics that promote positive discussion and provide recognition to creative opening posters. Thread types allowed into the competition (i.e. Forum Games, Mafia, Fan Works, etc) may be deliberated and decided on by the community.

So what are your thoughts?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
What exactly constitutes as a good thread? Something that's funny? Something that helps people? Something that's well written and insightful? All of the above? I think this is the most important discussion.

Perhaps though, "Best Thread" should just turn into a GKA.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I like the idea. I have an account on a GFX forum that has something similar that runs smoothly with even less active members than ZD has.

If we do a "Thread of the Month", I would suggest have some method where members can nominate threads. On the GFX forum, there is a button at the bottom of he OP's post called "Nominate", right above where our "Yeah!" is located. Members click on in hopes that the graphic (thread in our case) will be a candidate for the month's voting round. When the month is up, the poll goes up, in which members have another four weeks to vote for the most worthy graphic (thread).

I am unsure as to how a nomination could be added, as I am unsure whether it is a VB plugin or must be coded from scratch. Is anyone likes the idea, I can go ask the admin on the GFX forum forum for a breakdown.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
In my eyes what constitutes a good thread is based off a few things:

- The thread itself, which means how engaging the topic is to other members.
- How interesting/creative the point of discussion is (this would be the case especially for unique threads).
- Presentation.
- The actual discussion between members within the thread - this is the most important thing as the thread is there to host the discussion. This could also include large debates to basic replies that add to the topic.

Salem

SICK
So is this like a team effort? It depends not only on the OP, but also on the other contributor to be named thread of the week/month?

Big Octo

=^)
Hmm... interesting idea. However, maybe Post of the Week would be an easier thing to control and decide upon. Both could work, but threads don't seem specific enough.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think limiting this to threads is much too specific. I would rather have a "Member of the Month" unless we plan on doing both.
I'd prefer member of the month, too.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I personally have no qualms with it and think a "MOTM" would be a good idea, but we had a poll on whether or not to have a "Member of the Month" before (I think toward the beginning of the year). The majority vote was against it because there would have been too much bias involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom