• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

THQ in Trouble Unless They Sell Another 1 Million Copies DSII

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Gamasutra - News - THQ struggling to break even on Darksiders II

Darksiders II has sold an estimated 1 million copies, but analyst Michael Pachter says the game is struggling to cross the 2 million milestone it will need to reach for THQ to break even on the title.

[video=youtube;R0BdVe2CajY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0BdVe2CajY&feature=g-u-u[/video]
Starts at 7:56

Haven't bought it yet? Support a developer and publisher with the faith for original IP (the originality of the gameplay is up to your opinion.)

Waiting for the WiiU? DSII will be a launch title! Buy it then!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think I'll wait for a Wii U or a PS3 to get this game. In all reality I COULD buy it for my Xbox 360, but I don't want to support Microsoft any further. I haven't played a THQ game in a while, and admittedly I still haven't bought DS1 (I was thinking about buying it for PC, still unsure though). If I like the Zelda series, for instance, would I [possibly] like Darksiders II? I'm really on the fence about it! :O

Regarding THQ's inability to break even on DS2, I would say this is only natural. I myself haven't seen many commercials, and honestly speaking I heard most of my Darksiders news from Darksiders Dungeon, no where else. THQ didn't advertise this game nearly as much as it should have, and I don't think the theme of the game (dealing with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) sits well with many people, irrespective of their religions or what-have-you. It's just unsettling.

Kirino

Tatakae
I think I'll wait for a Wii U or a PS3 to get this game. In all reality I COULD buy it for my Xbox 360, but I don't want to support Microsoft any further. I haven't played a THQ game in a while, and admittedly I still haven't bought DS1 (I was thinking about buying it for PC, still unsure though). If I like the Zelda series, for instance, would I [possibly] like Darksiders II? I'm really on the fence about it! :O

Regarding THQ's inability to break even on DS2, I would say this is only natural. I myself haven't seen many commercials, and honestly speaking I heard most of my Darksiders news from Darksiders Dungeon, no where else. THQ didn't advertise this game nearly as much as it should have, and I don't think the theme of the game (dealing with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse) sits well with many people, irrespective of their religions or what-have-you. It's just unsettling.

It's pretty similar to Zelda in the way that it has dungeons and puzzles. It also has alot of sidequests, exploration, and full optional dungeons. It has a great loot system, and you can even sacrifice other weapons to make possesed weapons stronger. The hack-and-slash combat it also pretty fun, and the game can be pretty challenging at times. The characters are pretty good, and Death is an excellent character. Zelda fans will probably enjoy this game. I know I did. It's a great game, and the Wii U version cames with all the DLC.

It really sucks that this is happening though. I really want them to make a Darksiders III. Hope they break even. Tell your friends. Darksiders II.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
For anyone out there who does not know wether to buy Darksider II, and dont know what to expect! DSII is amazeing! Whereas the first game in the series was more traditional gameplay, almost in the exact format of Zelda, which is what made me such a supporter of this franchise, Darksiders II tries to take it up a notch. The core gameplay of DSII is still in the nature of the first entry. With Dungeons to crawl, special items to get, people to meet, and oversized pricks of the land to dispatch! But it takes the game to a new level with a Diablo styled looting system, and ways to become the ender of fools with your own style and flare with the upgrade and leveling system. Tired of haveing 30 weapons with different abilitys but never one that does the two things you want to do... well now you can, by feeding them to Possesed weapons. Are you up close and personal, or do you like to kill them softly from a distance? Well choose the skills that let you be that way!

While there are things in this game that I didnt really care for at first, like the overworld reminding me of MMO style play; as I played the game more I started to enjoy the overworlds more (though with worlds this big, it could take a note from Zelda and pack more to explore within them!). Not to mention the characters are well thought out but lack any real depth. I am 100% in favor of a Darksiders III, and would love to finish this amazeing story I started to enjoy when I began DSI. THQ has lowered the price of this game so much and with the WiiU version packageing all the DLC for you, there is no reason to pick this game up now! And you can buy it new and pay the same price you will find at any used store, so buy it new! You will want the Codes that come with the game to get all your gear you payed for! So try it out and enjoy the best Zelda-meets-God of War-meets-Prince of Persia Hybrid you have ever seen!

I'm not one to revive old threads but it looks like THQ couldn't save itself from financial troubles. It was a decent publisher while it lasted.

The problem with most of THQ's franchises is that others do the same thing better. Why play Darksiders when Zelda and Assassin's Creed are available? Homefront? Nope. Halo and Borderlands aremore up my alley. Saints Row? GTA has it far outclassed.

Darksiders II is a good game and an improvement over the original but it's a franchise which needs to stop looking back at what's worked and shape a vision for itself. Looks like DS III will be in limbo for quite awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom