• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thoughts on the return of Bebop and Rocksteady? (a TMNT thread)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
So, two weeks ago, Nicks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles finally gave us the highly anticipated (at least for me) return of Bebob and Rocksteady.

Bebop%26Rocksteady.jpg

I don't know how many TMNT fans we have here at ZD, I for one am a huge fan, and have been since the 90's show/movies. I hear that a lot of older fans of the show don't really care for the new one that started in 2012, But I love it. I think the story is a lot better, and characters are more fleshed out, and less cliche like.

However back on topic. Bebop and Rocksteady were my favorite villains from the old show. And with the return of these guys, I would like to ask you all what your thoughts are on the new design, and character of these two.

My thoughts are that their characters are awesome, they are pretty funny, yet kinda dumb, but that is just like the old show in that matter. Not quite as dumb as in the 90's but still pretty goofy. As far as design goes, Rocksteady is a beast, and I really like how strong they made him, not to mention being the brain out of the two (which isnt saying much lol) and I really like his design. Bebob on the other hand, I don't know that I like his Slim and Techno design. But I guess it makes things interesting, Anton Zeck (J Smoove) was a really funny character, and that was not lost in the mutation. So over all, I really like the new incarnation of Bebop and Rocksteady.

So what do you guys think? Do you like the new Designs? What do you think about their Character? Please let me know.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I know, im still trying to decide whether i like his design or not. But his character is pretty funny. Anton was really skinny, and a thief, so it makes sense that his Mutation was thin. I'm still sorting out my thoughts on him.

Djinn

and Tonic
Yea first thing was "what's with super skinny Bebop?" but even in the 80's series he was a skinny guy before becoming a pig. But at least we get Bebop and Rocksteady again. It's a shame the guys behind the last couple series had such a personal grudge against them. I always thought they were great. But the new show has Bebop, Rocksteady, and fly Baxter so all is right with the world again.

Also I like how in this show they are treating Rocksteady as a rhino, he is physically one of the sturdiest guys to appear. As a rhino mutant probably should be. In the old show all they really got to do was hold lasers and shoot at things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom