• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Thoughts on HWL

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
I believe the best three characters for taking out keeps are the following: Dark-Lord-Old-Man, Linkle, and Young Link.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I beat the entirety of legend mode including the Wind Waker storyline and I gotta say that final battle against Phantom Ganon's forces was awesome and it got my blood pumping.
Trying to make sure the sage keeps were safe while being attacked by boss monsters simultaneously, with Cia being attacked by powerful enemy Captains while I was trying to figure out how to get at least one character over to help her, and then finally having all four characters converge on Phantom Ganon at once for one last epic stand... Holy cow that was awesome. I barely made it through that level in one piece.
Now I'm working on adventure mode and I'm enjoying the challenges. Now that I'm getting father in the map it's getting pleasantly harder to maintain my streak of A ranks.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DqQnzbew1c

finally got to endgame of the main story, and beat it. let me say that HWL is actually HARDER than the HD version. I had trouble with just about every stage after the temple of souls. got three game overs when previously I never did get one in the story mode. I love it.

Pros:
The game plays a little more like a strategy game, and the placement/directives of your heroes actually matter most of the time.

There is a ton of content for just $39.99

Cons:
  • obviously graphic quality died down
  • sound effects died down
  • as of now, I do not believe that you can change the music for the maps...this is a let down actually.
  • and some voice clips were outright omitted (Lana comes to mind, compare her deku spear 3ds quotes to her deku spear Wii U quotes!)

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DqQnzbew1c

finally got to endgame of the main story, and beat it. let me say that HWL is actually HARDER than the HD version. I had trouble with just about every stage after the temple of souls. got three game overs when previously I never did get one in the story mode. I love it.

Pros:
The game plays a little more like a strategy game, and the placement/directives of your heroes actually matter most of the time.

There is a ton of content for just $39.99

Cons:
  • obviously graphic quality died down
  • sound effects died down
  • as of now, I do not believe that you can change the music for the maps...this is a let down actually.
  • and some voice clips were outright omitted (Lana comes to mind, compare her deku spear 3ds quotes to her deku spear Wii U quotes!)

Lol someone never learned the dorf shuffle ^^, but seriously i never found it harder, hell i ironically found most of it far easier than the U version only stage that actually fought back was the final stage of the WW line and that was more due to me listening to the music and not focusing.

I am kinda glad they killed off some voice clips they were downright irritating, i am also happy they cheapened out the effect with boss smashes. Use Headphones for the sound effects, if you don't go deaf god knows.

I am curious has anyone found out if theres more than one adventure map?

I actually miss the boss-smash effects. I think the real problem is those wide camera swings are harder to pull off on a smaller screen.

Aside from the obvious graphical differences though, I am enjoying the new version. Ironically, with the new gameplay elements sprinkled all over the place, this is far more of a remake than those remasters we keep getting for the main series. XD I thought playing the legend mode would be a chore more than anything, but it's really been freshened up, and I am enjoying it.

Also, Linkle is very much not a female Link.
She's a female Ryoga.

LadySmugleaf

Love pull me down, hate lift me up.
I wasn't expecting much from Linkle, but she's pretty awesome.

But I've fought King Dongodongo so many times it isn't even funny. It seems every campaign included him.

Really wish they hadn't cheaped out on the Summoning Gate. I thought it was a weird glitch and reinstalled the whole game. It was about halfway through that long download when I checked gamefaqs and found that was "normal". :P

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I haven't played either, but I have watched the stories and I know about all the characters. As someone who hasn't played it, I really like the characters there are, and while I'm a 1000% against a female Link, I do like Linkle, as it really feels like they went out of their way to make her her own character.

I think having the game only run well on the N3DS however is total BS.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I haven't played either, but I have watched the stories and I know about all the characters. As someone who hasn't played it, I really like the characters there are, and while I'm a 1000% against a female Link, I do like Linkle, as it really feels like they went out of their way to make her her own character.

I think having the game only run well on the N3DS however is total BS.
The same here. I do hate the name Linkle though. I wish they had given her another name. But besides that, she is a totally cool character. I like her a lot. She's a decent fighter and her storyline is actually cool. To replay some scenes with the main enemies and characters of those scenes. Plus Linkle totally nails it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Speaking generally it's awesome on the adventure maps, definately more balanced out (doesn't help if you've over leveled) heh and i gotta say Helmaroc King is one of the better bosses

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The Termina map has such a twisted sense of humor. I need a goron mask to unlock the square with the giant at the woodfall temple, but every square that gives a goron mask requires a goron mask to get it, except for one that is locked behind a series of squares that force me to play as characters I don't like.

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom