• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Thoughts on HWL

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I actually like this version better than the Wii U version, it feels more polished to me, i also like the fact Legend Mode feels more complete, i still think they are missing parts of the plot like Skull kid and a few others, but i loved Linkle's levels and the Wind Waker ones, the final map of the game is one of my new favorites not to mention the music as well.

The two New Bosses are nice fights actually, i can only hope they show up in adventure maps now, or in reward maps cuz we only get the one chance to fight them and that's in a full out warzone.

ABout the characters: I don't have Skull kid yet so i can't judge.

Haven't fought with Toon Link so can't judge

Tetra is an agile fight and packs a decent wallop, only issue is she is a light fighter so she can be sent flying rather easily.

King of Red Lions is really slow but he does back a good hit but again slow, so he's easy to interrupt

Linkle really decent fighter, agile and a good solid hitter she can cause absolute chaos in a fight, if it weren't for the fact the portray her as a sterotypical blonde she'd be brilliant.

Anywho what are youse peoples thoughts?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The first thing I did was transporting the characters to my wii u by using the code. And I can say Toon Link is the bomb for me so far. His combos are killing. He can get a giant boss gauge down very fast.

Linkle is a decent fighter too. Especially her special gauge is a big plus. I like her. I have only played the first chapter of her story but I look forward to the other parts too.

The other characters I only used once on the wii u.

What I like is the changes they made in the gameplay. It totally make up for not being able to play in co-op mode. Literally everything in this game is a big plus. They should have made these functions available for the wii u back then. In general I'm very satisfied how this game turned out to be :)

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I absolutely love Linkle. She's in my best three characters (the other two being Link and Lana, with Lana being my best). Her attack patterns and her combos are beastly and she's perfect for fighting hordes of enemies. I really enjoyed her storyline a lot, too. She's a fantastic addition to the game.

Other than her, I've only unlocked Toon Link so far but I haven't used him yet. I'm at part 3 of Cia's Tale (I completed the main story and Linkle's Tale so far) and I haven't gotten to the Wind Waker storyline yet. But I'm having a LOT of fun with the game. I don't have a Wii U so I never got to play HW. I'm so glad I was able to get this game.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I absolutely love Linkle. She's in my best three characters (the other two being Link and Lana, with Lana being my best). Her attack patterns and her combos are beastly and she's perfect for fighting hordes of enemies. I really enjoyed her storyline a lot, too. She's a fantastic addition to the game.

Other than her, I've only unlocked Toon Link so far but I haven't used him yet. I'm at part 3 of Cia's Tale (I completed the main story and Linkle's Tale so far) and I haven't gotten to the Wind Waker storyline yet. But I'm having a LOT of fun with the game. I don't have a Wii U so I never got to play HW. I'm so glad I was able to get this game.

WW storyline ups the ante a bit :P but my god is that part of the game freaking awesome, and i seriously mean it :P Did you like the final boss of Linkle's Tale? And seriously turn the game music up higher than SFX for the final match :P

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
How is young link in hwl? He's my main in hw because he's so ****ing broken. I love to spam his triforce combo and spirit mode.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
WW storyline ups the ante a bit :P but my god is that part of the game freaking awesome, and i seriously mean it :P Did you like the final boss of Linkle's Tale? And seriously turn the game music up higher than SFX for the final match :P
Yeah, I liked all the parts of her tale. I don't wanna spoil anything for those who haven't gotten that far with her yet though.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'm like 99.99% positive there's multiple maps (unless something has changed), such as the Reward Map, TP Map, MQ Map, MM Map, and the Great Sea map.

Great sea is likely DLC

The rest i dunno about, there must be more maps as none of the weapons have a level up available i.e rank 2/3 on the first adventure map

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom