• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Those from Hyrule Notice the 3 Days Happening Over and Over in Majora's Mask

L

Lorddeku92

I think that the people from Hyrule are immune to the three day loop in Termina. Since the Song of Time doesn't have the same effect in Hyrule, it goes toward the theory further. That would mean that the fairy siblings are in fact from Hyrule too.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I thought but this is just a theory that maybe the fairies were actually two of Navi's personality's split. and that it wasnt a coincidence that Link found them.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Interesting thought. I think you may be right on Tatl and Tael being from Hyrule. The reason? Because first of all they meet Link in the Lost Woods and that they also met Skull Kid a while before that. And what does the Skull Kid have anything to do with it? Well at the end of MM the Skull Kid says that Link smells like a fairy boy that taught him a song a while back. And in OoT Link teaches a Skull Kid in the Lost Woods Saria's song for a heart piece.

L

Lorddeku92

On the other hand, the two fairies are shown meeting Skull Kid in Termina (By the tree)... That doesn't mean they came ORIGINALLY from Termina, but it complicates things. That implies that after meeting Skull Kid, he TOOK them to Hyrule... But still, if they originated from Hyrule, they might have been the ones to inform Skull Kid about the Termina and Hyrule portal in the Lost Woods. They could've shown Skull Kid how to jump back and fourth. This is further backed by Skull Kid's status when meeting the fairies. He might have been crying because he got stuck in Termina vs. just crying from being cold and alone.

Fairies WOULD be knowledgable about the Lost Woods since their home is right near there (Kokiri Forest; assuming the fairies are Hyrulean). The Deku Tree and the Fairies of Hyrule could possably be fully informed of the Termina Portal since it's basically THEIR woods. That may be why they made up the story about the Kokiris dieing or changeing if they enter the Lost Woods (Fado, Mido, and Saria all survived leaving). He may just not want them to get lost and accidentally end up in Termina.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
On the other hand, the two fairies are shown meeting Skull Kid in Termina (By the tree)... That doesn't mean they came ORIGINALLY from Termina, but it complicates things. That implies that after meeting Skull Kid, he TOOK them to Hyrule... But still, if they originated from Hyrule, they might have been the ones to inform Skull Kid about the Termina and Hyrule portal in the Lost Woods. They could've shown Skull Kid how to jump back and fourth. This is further backed by Skull Kid's status when meeting the fairies. He might have been crying because he got stuck in Termina vs. just crying from being cold and alone.

The reason he was crying is because he was freinds with the giants but when they sensed the power of majora's mask coming (via happy mask salesman) they each one left to the swamp, mountains, sea, and valley to protect that location from its power and left him alone and didn't come back (or so the manga says if you've read it). Then Tael and Tatl met him and they became friends and then he stool majora's mask from the happy mask salesman and it tuck control of him and imprisoned each giant in the bosses of the game and then every thing went wrong, then link came looking for navi (or so we think) and you know the rest of the story.:tired:

L

Lorddeku92

The manga isn't nessacerily cannon though. In the Ocarina of Time manga, it states that Volvalgia was Link's pet, but in the GAME it says that it's just an evil dragon that Ganondorf revived. How would it be evil if it's just Link's old pet?

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
The manga isn't nessacerily cannon though. In the Ocarina of Time manga, it states that Volvalgia was Link's pet, but in the GAME it says that it's just an evil dragon that Ganondorf revived. How would it be evil if it's just Link's old pet?

One of the gorons could have killed it during the seven years link was asleep and then Ganondorf revived it and the twinrova brainwashed it to only do Ganondorfs bidding and told it to go back and get it's revenge on the goron's.:nerd:

L

Lorddeku92

that's a stretch. Volvolgia is hinted in the game as some ANCIENT goron-predator that Ganondorf just revived so as to have a powerful ally. Maybe Twinrova brainwashed him in order for Ganondorf to control him... but that's as far as i can see Twinrova having a part...

Zarom

The King

The Zelda manga IS NOT considered canon. Nothing is true in it.

And Volovagia is ancient dragon that already attacked the Gorons before. Ganon/dorf revived it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
Well, now that I think about it you are right Zarom the guy who writes them just makes them to add on to the series but it is all just the story retold and made bigger by false idea's, sorry lorddeku.:D:wave:

zants follower

underling of the dark god
How'd we get onto the subject of the manga? The story dungeon killer said was actually in the game. Anjus gramma tells it to you if you got the all-night mask. Or atleast the giants/skull kid part. The rest was in a cutscene right before you got to the swamp.

The reason he was crying is because he was freinds with the giants but when they sensed the power of majora's mask coming (via happy mask salesman) they each one left to the swamp, mountains, sea, and valley to protect that location from its power and left him alone and didn't come back (or so the manga says if you've read it). Then Tael and Tatl met him and they became friends and then he stool majora's mask from the happy mask salesman and it tuck control of him and imprisoned each giant in the bosses of the game and then every thing went wrong, then link came looking for navi (or so we think) and you know the rest of the story.:tired:
i may be wrong, but the story anju's gramma says about skull kid and the giants happened along time ago. the reason that the giants were in the temples was because skull kid (with the help of majora's mask) trapped them there so that they couldn't stop the moon from falling.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I believe that Link and Tatl are the only ones that are aware of the time shift. Happy Mask Shop guy seems to be unaware of the change... though he may actually be from Termina.

It's implied that Skull Kid is from Hyrule, and he reacts rather cluelessly when Tatl tells him that he constantly slaps Tael. The fairies could be from Hyrule, since they can easily fly through the portal, but various people in Termina are quite familiar with them. So I don't really believe they are. In fact, I'd go as far to suggest Tatl is 'Termina Navi' due to Link's examination of her at the beginning.

I think that the other fairy, Tatl is a fairy from the Kokiri Forest. IN OOT, we saw that all Kokiri had a fairy, and the chances of one of them sneaking in the portal is very possible. Perhaps, It may even be Sarias fairy.

R

rnddim

Ah, one of my favorite subjects, time.

First, it seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong, please) that you guys think the Link is rewinding time. It's fine, but that means he loses everything. Which would mean he needs to save Termina in 72 hours (72 minutes of gaming w/o slowing down time), and Dawn of the First Day always has you as Deku Link.

Therefore, Link would make sense going back in time. This doesn't fit perfectly with the game either, but a lot less errors if Link went back as opposed to rewinding.

In a perfect implementation of the game, Link going back in time would have the Link who just went back in time see copies of himself run around doing things (so in the game, if you saved Snowhead on the 2nd day, you'd always have to wait until then to get into the grassy saved version. You can't do it again and save it on the 1st day or else you create a paradox).
Gamewise, you'd have to play through a few cycles to see copies of yourself run everywhere (the game isn't psychic). In "real life", however, the Deku Link on the first 3-day cycle would see his future self run everywhere. And his future selves will see Deku Link and remember that moment standing right there, and what I right now looked like, etc.:S

I know that was confusing, but that's how time is. If you want to hear more of my talk on time, ask! Including my theory on why paradoxes can't happen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom