• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

This Pokemon

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
The anime you mean? Yea, I liked it through the first two generations, after that it became crap. I have an idea for another season though: Ash get's the chance to fight all the champions and all the elite fours, but they say that he get's to use all his pokémon, not only 6, so Ash now travels around to collect all the pokémon he left in training. Getting back Primeape, Charizard, Squirtle etc. He will also find the ones that he released and they will agree to help him: Pigeot, Butterfree, Lapras etc.
Not a very good idea, but I really want him to get those back.

It was a pretty good show for the first couple of seasons, but yeah, after that it went entirely downhill. Each new season became solely about the exhibition of the new pokemon from the new games. Each new character was abandoned in favor of another bright-eyed and increasingly two-dimensional sidekick, therefore destroying the hope of any long-term character development whatsoever. In the beginning, there was an actual story with endearing characters that felt like it had direction and purpose. Now, the show is pretty much a husk of what it once was, acting solely as a 30 minute commercial for pokemon games and toys.

Nope. No love for the new series whatsoever. There's no comparison between the old and new - the old was telling a story, while the new is selling a product.

i thought it was a little bit batter, but that might just be because i was a little bit younger... i still watch the movies tho :)

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
You can't beat the old shows and movies. They started going downhill around the end of Hoenn (Battle Frontier). I lost all interest in Diamond and Pearl >.<
The theme songs are all awesome up to Diamond and Pearl as well. They're really catchy :3

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
The first season is what got me interested in Pokemon as a kid. I remember watching it whenever it was on and really enjoying the show. I was younger then, and I guess I absorbed the Pokemon idea easier than I would now. I think the show is just dribble now, and can't stand the voice work. Sorry anime fans, but I'd rather read Pokemon Soecial/ Pokemon Adventures

Definitely like the first two seasons and that's it. I remember each episode had a message or a moral for kids to learn and hold onto. Things about love and caring for animals and caring for the environment and not being a jerk in general. Now all I can see is "YEAH! FIGHT ALL THE TRAINERS! I'M THE BEST!"

I liked it until battle frontier (and I only like battle fronttier because IMO it had the best title theme song) but i feel like they have really got lazy on the anime lately.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Pokemon's anime is becoming....... just..... 'crap'.
I can't stand it now.
In the very beginning, if I missed an episode, my life was over.
Now I don't watch it anymore.
I miss the old episode and characters so much.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Now, this depends.... are you talking Original Japanese, or crappy English Dub?
Because I have to say, that the original English dub of the show wasn't bad the first (two?) seasons... though I can't really remember much from back then...
BUT NOW, the English dub is just TERRIBLE..... I've been watching Best Wishes with English Subs, and I really enjoy it. I saw the first Episode, in English, and it was just crap. Dx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom