• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler This boss's phase two was unbelievably bad [gerudo dungeon spoilers]

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Queen gibdo is a cool looking boss for sure and I wasn't having that great of a time fighting it to begin with, but phase two was just ridiculous. Running around and blowing up all the ads is fine, but the light that shines down made it literally impossible for me to see anything. The whole phase was a mess of poor clarity and I wonder if anyone else had the same issue? What was your experience fighting queen gibdo?

The light was obnoxious for sure, but to my understanding it was relatively safe to be in. What confused me was what state the boss itself was in and what would cause it to be stunned. Thankfully I found out you can use the shock fruit, topaz if you’re desperate, instead of waiting for Riju to charge. Kind of wish her power worked with melee attacks as well.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Yeah, I hated that fight. I had no issues, just I was a bit lost as to what I was supposed to do when the light phase occurred & ended up "brute forcing it". I thought the light was supposed to be a cue to lead her into it to like- do more damage or do something in the final phase, but I don't think it was even required or needed at all? As she never crawl into it & I had to just keep using Riju & my pile of lemons. I assume the light was to help with managing the chaos of the enemies with the tornadoes, but yeah it really didn't feel very clear to me since there was 4 of the beams around the arena & that just read to me as "get her to loop around through them" by looking at the arena. I guess not? The whole fight was a mess & the hoard aspect of the enemies just felt like it was meant to draw it out to me. For sure my least favorite of the big fights so far.

I didn't have any trouble with the queen's second phase, but that's because I fused a mirror to my shield so I was able to just reflect the light back at her to stun her. Still, it was handy to have an electrified weapon, too.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I just finished this fight (it was my third so far - with only the “Regional Phenomena” nearby to Death Mountain remaining).

I found it to be pretty frustrating and the light in the second section was bothersome to my view, making it easy to get disoriented. I also went into the fight with low health and all terrible weapons that were breaking within a few hits so it took me a few attempts to get through it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I didn't really have much trouble with her. I realized pretty early on that you could effectively weaponize one of your ingredients as a flash grenade to immediately stun Gibdos, so that was my way of dealing with the fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom