• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things You Didn't Know About Until You Started Using the Internet

What are some things you learned about on the Internet, that you never heard of or seen before in the real world? Were they good or bad? Is there anything you wish you never discovered online? If so, then why? Share these things here.

For me, there's a heck of a lot of terms—most of which are lewd or naughty—I learned on the Internet that I never even knew existed in the real world (lol). I found out about a lot of new anime and manga that I had never seen or read before, as well. There's a bunch of new beliefs and perspectives that I've encountered also, such as Mormonism. Some things I wish I could unsee/unhear are shipping, dubstep, *MLP, and the phrase "based off of." I never heard of these things before I saw them online, and I wish I could erase them from my nemory, lol.

*I remember MLP from the olden days, but I didn't know that there was a new series and stuff...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
- The senseless and ridiculous, petty arguments that occur online. Arguments with simply no meaning, just one person trying to up the other to feed their own pathetic ego. /slight rant.

- Anyway, this whole Japanese culture that seems to have swept the Internet and everyone being obsessed with Anime - I literally never knew about all of this as in England it's not exactly all that popular.

- Also, Internet humour. Getting humour across on the Internet is very different than in real life. Usually in real life you rely on people knowing you, your own charisma, your natural sense of humour etc. You can't exactly convey that over written communication with people who you hardly know, so that's where Internet humour comes in. Stuff like memes, gifs, random online jokes or phrases - all of which I would never use it make reference to in real life.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I learned that there were a lot more Zelda games than just PH, TP, and OoT. I also learned that E3 existed. And I learned what trolling was. Those were some of the things I learned shortly after joining Zelda Dungeon (which was pretty much when I started using the internet more often).

Since then, I've been learning a whole bunch of things; things I've never wanted to know (yes that means exactly what you think it means). I've been opened to a whole new world filled with anime and video games. I also learned a bunch of stuff about the crazy things that happen in the real world. Stuff like that.

Although I used the Internet from time to time before seventh grade, mainly for school, that school year was when I started being a regular user so I'll use it as the reference time for this post.

One of the first things I learned was Super Smash Bros. Brawl's release date. I had gotten into Melee the past summer and played it constantly so the news of a sequel blew my mind. I'm pretty sure I Google searched news about the game for four or five hours that first day.

The biggest development was getting acquainted with Internet culture. For three or so years I avoided joining any sites just so I could get a feel of how people talk online. It might seem a bit silly, but I've always been rather shy about meeting new people so I didn't want to feel awkward.

All of my vocabulary pretty much. I learned a lot of my wordings and grammar from reading posts from ZD and at ZU.

Also the hoard of MLP and Hello Kitty that I am in love with

just... hnng <3

Dan

- The senseless and ridiculous, petty arguments that occur online. Arguments with simply no meaning, just one person trying to up the other to feed their own pathetic ego.

Quite amazed you have never come across this in real world, this is why I now believe you live in another reality which is somewhat joined to our own worlds reality, I'm onto you.

I've learned so much on the internet, that listing such would take time, but then again so has everyone else in this thread, and pointing out the former was a waste of time... wow... ANYWAY

Here's a list.

• Sunny D girls excised on the internet.
  • The Girl population of the internet is quite low dual to many predators such as the libidinous nerd; because this species of nerd is quite prominent on the internet, many girls have gone into hiding, or have taken on the art of gender bending,
  • Many people like to point out a flaw in characteristics and act as if this flaw only happens on the internet.
  • Sonic passion(Websites like these I wish I didn't know about)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom