• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things to Do when You Can't Sleep?

Pen

The game is on!
When I can't sleep I use to just think about The Legend of Zelda. Sometimes I come up with some new theories, and sometimes I may even figure out a puzzle that I was trying to solve in a certain game during the day! Even if I sometimes have trouble sleeping I never get board actually! Because as long as there is something interesting to think about, it might even be fun to be there in the silence and think...

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Look outside.

I see men wearing hoodies going around, men on bicycles, cars, shady men. Then, I put my head down.

That's what I do

1. Read: A lot! I even call these moments "study binges".
  2. Draw/sketch or write: For some reason, I draw and write my best between the hours of 1 to 5 a.m.
  3. Watch anime: Catch up on all my favorites, especially on the Funimation Channel.
  4. Think: My brain races late at night for some reason. :S
  5. Dawdle around on Zelda Dungeon. :lol:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
If I listen to my iPod in my ned while I'm laying down I seem to fall asleep faster. The only problem with this is I half to use a small playlist and set it not to repeat or my iPod will be out of power when I wake up.

If you cant sleep, stay up the whole night and enjoy it and stay up forever, because if you cant sleep you probably dont need to.

Keyari

翼のエルフ
I think I'm late on this. But here's advice for the next night!

1. Read. Always helpful, keeps you relaxed and eventually your eyes will droop. I find it helpful.
2. Play on some sort of game system. Nintendo devices are great, as well as Zelda games. (Well Duh)
3. Lie on your bed and come up with some sort of story. I've come up with some great ideas at night like this.
4. Drawing/Doodling. Makes you very tired.
5. Live it up here on ZD. I dunno, if you can't sleep, have fun with us. :P

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
1)Watch a show
2)Draw something you like or want to improve
3)Stare at your computer screen. It will make you sleepy.

L

liz lemonade

Drink some sleepytime tea or chamomile. I have the worst time getting to sleep but this stuff makes it easy to get into a calm, restful state.

There's also some over-the-counter drugs like Benadryl or Advil PM which aren't really for getting to sleep, but can certainly knock you out. The only problem with medicine (especially Benadryl) is that you will most likely wake up very groggy and have difficulty sleeping the following night. It's really only a desperate, one time measure.

Also, things you do during the day might affect your ability to sleep. Don't drink a lot of caffeine or eat food close to the time you want to fall asleep; if your body is trying to digest or burn off sugar it won't be able to go into its rest cycle properly. You could also try exercising more, depending on your daily activity.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Okay, well thanks. I don't know how much of this will help because:

1) I am NOT taking over-the-counter sleeping drugs or whatever.
2) When I read, I read 100 pages xD
3) Music is awesome, but I stay awake listening to it
4) TV is booooorrring. Sorry, I don't get too many channels in my room xD

Also, any help is VERY appreciated. I have been sleeping half the day because I'm sick with a fever, body aches, sore throat, and sinuses. It is HORRIBLE D: and Im not tired...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom