• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Don't Taste Like They Smell

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Hey guys! I was wondering, have you ever seen some food and gone "MMMM, smells nommy"? 'Cause I have once. Or twice. Or quite a few times.

Anyway, this morning, my sister made a big pot of coffee, and I have never really liked coffee but it smells lovely. I asked for a small mug of the stuff but the moment it touched my tongue, I flt like my mouth would shrivel up like a prune because the taste was HORRIBLE!

Another time, not so long ago, I was in the shower and there was some Lemon and Teatree shower gel. I took one sniff and it smelt like lemon curd! Now, I love lemon curd. If there is any in the fridge I eat it on toast and it's gone in a few days. I looked on the back of the bottle and it didn't say anything about ingesting it so I squidged a bit on my finger and licked it. Then my head exploded from a soapy, alkali-y taste that was left in my mouth.

Has anything like that happened to you? Tell us all!

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I'm that way with coconuts. I love the smell of coconut but for some reason I just do not like the taste, whether it be a coconut cake or Mounds/Almond Joy candy bars.

NinjaLlama

wait, what?
durions are the worst smelling fruit in the world, but taste delicious! To be honest I've never tasted durions before. ah well.

Djinn

and Tonic
I know the exact opposite is seafood. Too often things, especially shellfish, can smell bad and sometimes terrible but taste great. Crawfish and flounder mostly, sometimes tuna when grilled can have an odd melted plastic kind of smell to it, but it is amazing to taste.

And I'm addicted to the smell of coffee, well to the actual coffee itself too but I love the smell. Even in large places like bookstores that have those small cafes in them somewhere. I love it when they make the place smell of coffee. Generally just smelling it in the air instantly creates that "...muuuust haaavvvee....." reaction. Alcohols I'm not so sure about, most smell like rubbing alcohol, tanning lotion or rubbing alcohol with some ginger or pinesol added to it. There are a few select beers that do have a pretty good aroma to them that taste like a foul mixture of diesel fuel and septic water churned into pure gold liquid misery.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I bought this lemon flavored seltzer water from my school yesterday. Unlike most people I know I like seltzer water and I also like lemons, but guess what? There was no shugar in the water! Whose bright idea was it to sell a drink with real lemon juice but no sugar? It smelled great though and it was almost good enough to cover the smell of urine in my physics class. (Long story...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom