• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Blow Your Mind

octorok74

TETTAC
I've been noticing it a lot more, but how beautiful the world is. I am constantly stopping my walk to school to look at different things. The trees, frozen rivers, grass. All of it is just, amazing.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I found a button on my computer that I could PULL.
The fact that I fit perfectly between my parent's bed and the wall.
One-armed glasses that work.

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Blows my mind in a bad / unpleasant way: Human behavior. We have this overreaching desire to connect to one another, yet we also have this overriding drive to hurt one another. It baffles me, my own tendencies included.

Blows my mind in a good way: Various things about nature that I read about/learn/discover - the way shadows fall and noticing colors in nature with my artist-trained eye that I know other people don't readily see, reading an article about weird things found in space - Cracked had one not long ago about an honest-to-goodness booze-cloud... learning interesting stuff about animals - such as the whole thing with some animals being able to reproduce without males and how aphids are born pregnant... the fact that I've been blood-squirted by a horny toad (I used to catch horned lizards in my backyard as a kid and they squirt blood out of their eyes when they feel threatened).

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
That some people actually enjoy being mean and cruel to others and making people feel like their life is worthless. Seriously, has our society became so messed up? If someone is different it's like there's a giant target on their forehead.

I get it in a friendly manner, because that's just joking.

I also understand that judging is in the human nature, but you don't have to go that far and you can just keep it to yourself.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
The fact that we live in a universe so massive that light traveling at 186,000 miles per second can take billions of years to reach us. The Sloan Great Wall, a massive supercluster of galaxies is 1.36 billion light years long, so huge that it's length across is greater than the billion light years that separate us from it. Light from galaxies in the The Hubble Deep Field took nearly 13 billion years to reach us, so long that none of the stars that emitted the light exist any longer. And that the farthest we've sent an object (Voyager 1) has been flying for over 35 years and is now just on the cusp of leaving our own solar system .002 light years away

All of our history, our science, discoveries, and accomplishments occurred on one little rock orbiting one of a million trillion stars, and we will never get to see any of it up close.

The Scale of the Universe 2

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The universe!

I know it's a weird thing, and I'm not at all into Science myself or anything of the sort, and don't exactly come across as the type either, but just the Universe and how it works amazes me sometimes. I love watching documentaries on planets, and how huge our sun is, but how absolutely tiny it is compared to some of the bigger things. It really is amazing. My old friend Will from LoZ did physics and we'd often just chat as he explained and showed me stuff about the universe and it truly does blow my mind to think about it all. :P Supernovas, black holes. All that ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom