• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I genuinely don't know where to begin. How do people ever manage to chat others up? To be fair I suppose actually going out places would help.

As a not hot guy, I always had to rely on tactics other than "hi, i'm incredibly attractive." The first step is to somehow get their attention without making it obvious that you're trying to get their attention (nothing smells worse than aggressive desperation). I usually make some contextually appropriate off-hand remark. If I don't get a reply, smile, or laugh, I stop trying. This is a game you lose far more often than you win and you don't want to be off-putting. Ask some open-ended questions that don't pry for personal information. If possible, use some contextual clues to elicit a more engaged response. Don't talk about yourself unless asked. And most importantly, unless you really hit it off, don't ask for a phone number or other contact info. You have to be willing to play it out over time... moving too fast wafts that desperation scent.

I was never mr. smooth, but i found the right one in the end. if you can't be patient or accept a lot of failure, you're not going to have a whole lot of success.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I genuinely don't know where to begin. How do people ever manage to chat others up? To be fair I suppose actually going out places would help.
I have no idea, the last girl I was with I just asked her if she'd like to join me and a group of friends in drinking a bottle of whiskey in the courtyard. The one before that started talking to me after watching me strip off in a stage production of 'the full monty'.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
taking a four and a half hour qualifying exam on friday incorporating potentially 120 books and journal articles i've read over the past two years. nbd

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
other than feeling like I have been ruffling feathers with the whole idea of an adult Link, and the recent Gossip Stone thread. I guess I have very little on my mind today, I mean I got some personal things too work on, but I think I'm going to take a break from all of that. Im getting a little worn out and honestly I'm frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom