• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I've seen so many intermediate guitarists ask this same question:

"Is there a program that can read an audio file as an input and generate a tab output?"

In other words, they're wondering if there's a program that can read what they're playing and produce a tab of what they played.

No, there isn't.

The best and most accurate transcriptions have always been done by ear, and while you can take MIDI files of guitars and dump them into a program like Guitar Pro, the actual results would be ridiculous and unplayable.

There is no shortcut to get around using your ears, period.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I've seen so many intermediate guitarists ask this same question:

"Is there a program that can read an audio file as an input and generate a tab output?"

In other words, they're wondering if there's a program that can read what they're playing and produce a tab of what they played.

No, there isn't.

The best and most accurate transcriptions have always been done by ear, and while you can take MIDI files of guitars and dump them into a program like Guitar Pro, the actual results would be ridiculous and unplayable.

There is no shortcut to get around using your ears, period.
aye tis why i have hearing aids!!!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
This week I went for a yearly skin cancer check appointment (which I have neglected to have since before the pandemic) and thankfully everything looked ok. Since 2 in 3 Aussies get some kind of skin cancer by age 70 it is a good idea to get checked yearly - it is fairly common not only here though and treatble if caught early so if you've not had a check recently I think it is worth getting one done.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
This week I went for a yearly skin cancer check appointment (which I have neglected to have since before the pandemic) and thankfully everything looked ok. Since 2 in 3 Aussies get some kind of skin cancer by age 70 it is a good idea to get checked yearly - it is fairly common not only here though and treatble if caught early so if you've not had a check recently I think it is worth getting one done.
i get them done every 6months to a year cuz of my immune system....really tickles....

beryllium

disgusted with the trashy man
i have this essay for ap history due tmrw and it's been done for a while but i'm just... anxious about how it'll turn out, i guess? grade-wise; my professor isn't a particularly harsh grader but i'm just paranoid abt my competency sometimes.
it'll be okay in the end, hopefully

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Today marks a full year since I got appendicitis. Happened in 2023 on February 3rd. Can't believe that much time has already passed.
This year will be 20 years for me since I've gotten appendicitis. Damn, that came really out of nowhere. One minute I felt fine and had lunch and right after lunch it started. Less than 24 hours later I was in the hospital about to get surgery! Time really pass by like a rocket so it seems

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Today I finally sat down and finished peeling off all the pieces on the zonai arm cosplay glove. I thought maybe I could just reapply them in a way that fits my arm shape better, but the glove itself, even after i peeled off the stuff that was constricting it, still doesn't fit very well. It's very tight and I have to tug it pretty hard to even slip it on. It has a zipper, but even without all the stuff on, I can't pull the zipper closed while wearing it. So I'm gonna need a new glove after all...

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I kinda feel very down today. I think I'm gonna have a sore throat plus I'm in hostel. Sick, sad and away from home. Not a good combo. I think I'll go home this weekend
images.jpeg-146.jpg

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Choir Practice tonight served as an uncomfortable reminder that I'm not as good at singing as I like to think I am. None of the other singers were able to make it (there's usually 3-6 of us) and I was able to get through all the songs just fine. I just prefer singing with other people so I don't have to hear how my voice is constantly wobbly or I struggle with high notes. I never feel very very comfortable unless my voice is being drowned out.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Choir Practice tonight served as an uncomfortable reminder that I'm not as good at singing as I like to think I am. None of the other singers were able to make it (there's usually 3-6 of us) and I was able to get through all the songs just fine. I just prefer singing with other people so I don't have to hear how my voice is constantly wobbly or I struggle with high notes. I never feel very very comfortable unless my voice is being drowned out.

Is this for church?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom