• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
The football game tonight. The season is close to ending, so might as well enjoy it, even if the teams playing are teams I do not cheer for.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I was attacked by two pitbull dogs when walking down the street yesterday and one of them bit me on my ass/hip. They caught me off guard and I only noticed them a few seconds before they were jumping on me. Lucky after the first bite I was able to shout loud enough to get them off of me. Afterwards I went to the hospital to get cleaned up, receive a tetanus shot and some antibiotics so I’ll be ok but am a bit shaken up and concerned about walking outside now given I’ve seen escaped dogs roaming the area frequently recently.

The owners of the dogs seemed to not be home and are not the kind of people you’d want any interaction with either so I hope the animal control people will deal with the situation appropriately themselves.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I was attacked by two pitbull dogs when walking down the street yesterday and one of them bit me on my ass/hip. They caught me off guard and I only noticed them a few seconds before they were jumping on me. Lucky after the first bite I was able to shout loud enough to get them off of me. Afterwards I went to the hospital to get cleaned up, receive a tetanus shot and some antibiotics so I’ll be ok but am a bit shaken up and concerned about walking outside now given I’ve seen escaped dogs roaming the area frequently recently.

The owners of the dogs seemed to not be home and are not the kind of people you’d want any interaction with either so I hope the animal control people will deal with the situation appropriately themselves.
Omg im glad youre ok and hope animal control do something!!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

Scary as ****!! So glad you're okay! Hopefully something will be done about it because this isn't safe at all!!

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
images.jpeg-202.jpg
Former opposition party leader died yesterday. He was ridiculed by media and was memed after he became an alcoholic. But he had no haters from what I saw yesterday.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I hate that those "Years in Review" are always posted in early December and not early January. It makes me self-conscious about playing or listening to something afterwards, and it not being counted. Talk about a first world problem.
same!! like im very varied in my music choices so around christmas i might listen to this song then find they have another song....and listen to that...

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I don't trust online sources that state a given song's key. They often get things wrong, and in my mind, horrendously wrong.

I have synesthesia, specifically chromesthesia, so when I listen to music, I get a strong involuntary association with specific colors and textures, and with chromesthesia, I actually do see colors in sound.

And not just that, but my relative pitch is really strong, so I can hear what notes and chords they're emphasizing in the composition, and if I just ignore my chromesthesia, given a few listens, I can work out the key.

The chromesthesia just makes it easier, but after years of masking it, I'm learning to trust that colors and sound are a unity in my mind.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
I don't trust online sources that state a given song's key. They often get things wrong, and in my mind, horrendously wrong.

I have synesthesia, specifically chromesthesia, so when I listen to music, I get a strong involuntary association with specific colors and textures, and with chromesthesia, I actually do see colors in sound.

And not just that, but my relative pitch is really strong, so I can hear what notes and chords they're emphasizing in the composition, and if I just ignore my chromesthesia, given a few listens, I can work out the key.

The chromesthesia just makes it easier, but after years of masking it, I'm learning to trust that colors and sound are a unity in my mind.
Interesting factoid several famous composers and musicians had or have Synesthesia and or Chromosthesia such a Franz Liszt, Oliver Messiaen and even Sir Elton John. Personally I think it adds to their genius and allure.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom