• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Why do we give babies presents theyre not gonna het older and be oh this toy i got from blah wjen i was less than a year old...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Why do we give babies presents theyre not gonna het older and be oh this toy i got from blah wjen i was less than a year old...
Even if they don't remember the toy when they get older, it's still good for their development to interact with and play with things. It's the same reason people bring babies on trips; they're not going to remember, but in the moment it's stimulating their development.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I wish it hadn't taken me this long to realize that I'm an adult with my own money and I can make the decisions to buy what makes me happy and no one gets to tell me I can't. I only really started actually actively acting on my desires this year. For example, buying the knee-high boots. They were expensive, but I absolutely love the style and the fashion upgrade I gained from acquiring them. I was in a financially feasible position to make that choice, so I did. It was something that I was hesitating on for years because I was always self-conscious about it. But something clicked in me recently and yeah, life is too short to worry about how other people will look at you. I'm going to dress the way I want to and no one can take that away from me. I'm going to use the time I have on this planet to look the way I wish I could look. And really, so far I've been rewarded for it. My parents didn't like that I bought the boots; they thought they're for girls and they expressed displeasure with the idea of me wearing them in public. But they haven't told me I can't, because they know they can't. I'm an adult and I bought them with my own earned money and I can do what I want. And in fact they are literally the only people in my life that don't like me wearing them. My coworkers and students both are enamored with them. I had a small crowd of kids around me asking me about them with great interest one morning, even. One of my coworkers told me I have a great sense of style and wanted to know where I bought them because they thought their daughter would love the style, too. Even if no one had said anything about the boots, I was happy with how I looked, but now this positive reinforcement is encouraging me further. I just ordered a shawl/cloak coat for myself, as well. Yet another type of fashion that I've been wishing I was brave enough to wear for years. But now I feel like my inhibitions are gone and I'm more comfortable dressing the way I've always wanted to dress than I've ever been in my life. (at least until the warmer seasons roll back around and i have to store these away because its too hot out to tolerate them. very much not looking forward to that. but when do i ever.)

All this is to say.... If you are in a financially feasible position to acquire something you want but are hesitating due to self-consciousness or some other external factor... This is your sign to go for it. Don't have regrets. I certainly don't want to have any more. I wish I could have done this years ago, but I'm doing it now, and that's what counts, I guess. I'm going to keep doing what makes me happy. I hope as many people out there as possible get to do this unhindered.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I will aim to finish this Radamanthys tale today or in the coming days of this week; I'm excited, I am so close, then I can move on with the other stories.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
When people say ADHD or autism is like a superpower, I just imagine I'm with the Justice League.

"There's Superman! He can fly, has laser vision, smart, and super strong!"

"There's Batman! He trained to become a fighter and gadgeteer extraordinaire!"

And I'm like, "I'm socially awkward, impulsive, my executive functions suck, I stim a lot, I have sensory issues, and know way too much about dinosaurs."
I am pretty sure you could talk Lex Luthor to death about dinosaurs if you are anything like me...so at least we can cause a distraction.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I am pretty sure you could talk Lex Luthor to death about dinosaurs if you are anything like me...so at least we can cause a distraction.
Lol, my poor drummer made the mistake of asking about dinosaurs. I gave him the entire 100 million year evolutionary history of tyrannosaurs from memory, with sources.

He doesn't ask about it anymore. It was basically an info-dump.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom