• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
- Wait staff - at restaurants the service staff come up to you so many times to check if your meal is still going ok. As someone not used to this it kind of feels annoying or like I’m being rushed but I guess it’s just what’s expected for servers to do here.
I don’t know how it is over there but most wait staff here rely on tips so they do that so they can get tipped for their good service.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I guess this is a byproduct of watching the spiderverse films. It's probably not possible since the movie might be past this phase, but I'd love to get involved for Visual Development for Beyond the Spiderverse. These movies are so far the most innovative contribution to shifting the stylization of animation since Toy Story. To be part of that somehow would be so awesome. Like, a couple years ago I never would've in my wildest dreams had these thoughts, but getting into vis dev feels like more of a reality to me now than it ever has before.

Maybe that's a hot take.
Across the Spiderverse had a bit of controversy from that one Vulture article "Death by a Thousand Papercuts" where three anonymous animators said making the movie was hellish.

My mentor worked on both films as a vis dev artist though, and he said that article was a bit clickbaity, and mainly is taking jabs at an affiliated Sony studio in Canada that isn't unionized, whereas the main Sony studio is unionized. In his experience at Sony, he told us it's one of the best studios to work at that absolutely pay fairly, pay for any overtime put in, and even went as far as doing things like buying him anything he wanted for lunch and bringing it to him if they saw that he was non-stop working into his lunch break, even if he didn't ask.

He also said the animation pipeline is always the most grueling part of a film, where the crunch time gets hectic. Animators typically work close to 80 hours a week, and the overtime pay they get is so good that what they usually do is work on a film, and then take a lot of time off to recoup before going on to another one. I wouldn't be part of that area of the pipeline though, so I wouldn't be working crazy hours like that, but some overtime every now and then sounds realistic.
I'm by no means saying selling my soul to a company is my only goal in life, it's more like I view getting into Vis Dev as another opportunity to keep growing as an artist.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Seems to be to be going to shops in the old times where youd go csn i have salt and sugar from you?? Woth all these lock up supplies...

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I thought Starfield would have controversy because it was gonna suck but no it’s because the right gets super offended by pronouns lol

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
How much orange juice a day is enough? At least in terms of vitamin c?
1 glass is enough, as in, to get the minimum recommended intake of vitamin C.

Honestly, I feel people can overthink this. Orange juice is great, drink it all you want.

You'd have to drink a stupid and unreasonable amount of OJ to run into health issues, to the point that I wouldn't be concerned.

OJ's good. Especially with a nice breakfast!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
1 glass is enough, as in, to get the minimum recommended intake of vitamin C.

Honestly, I feel people can overthink this. Orange juice is great, drink it all you want.

You'd have to drink a stupid and unreasonable amount of OJ to run into health issues, to the point that I wouldn't be concerned.

OJ's good. Especially with a nice breakfast!
You're more likely to die of radiation poisoning from bananas than an orange juice overdose.

Source: Dude trust me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How much orange juice a day is enough? At least in terms of vitamin c?
Vitamin C is an antioxidant and protects the integrity of your vascular walls and therefore against lipoprotein deposition and cardiovascular disease. Ideally you want to achieve blood saturation to ensure the maximum benefit and to do this with orange juice alone would require almost 1 litre to be consumed.

Your cells are saturated after ingesting up to 200mgs of vitamin C at a time and this lasts for 12 hours. Therefore optimum dose of vitamin C is therefore 200mgs twice a day at 12 hr intervals. Any more and it just gets excreted in the urine.

100ml of orange juice contains about 50mgs so you'd need to intake 2 400ml glasses of orange juice 12 hrs apart to achieve optimal dosing.

It's easier to take it in pill form and just drink as much orange juice as you would normally enjoy.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I just discovered that it is significantly harder for me to pour a handful of peanuts into my mouth from my left hand than it is from my right hand. That is so weird. Would my dominant hand being my right really make that much of a difference? Or is it just the orientation of my hands?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
There is a black market for illegal cheese according to the Department of Homeland Security.

Which, I know my next D&D character. A dastardly, and devilishly handsome rogue, who's a connoisseur of fine and exotic cheeses, some of them deemed illegal and unsafe for consumption via the kingdom he lives in, and he makes his living by smuggling illegal and exotic cheeses to his clients. All kept confidential of course.

His business front is selling and making legal cheeses, some of which are considered almost addictive thanks to his love of goats and cows.

^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom