• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
also why do book covers have girls in ballgowns in like the woods or a cliff mountains on the seaside???

DivineDragoness

Bombergirl Xtreme
also why do book covers have girls in ballgowns in like the woods or a cliff mountains on the seaside???
It's the same reason why many female-targeted books will have very muscular, shirtless men or dangerous iconography associated with risk or taboo - it appeals to a fantasy and makes potential readers more likely to pick it up. The juxtaposition of romantic, fantastical clothing and a dangerous setting is exciting.

...I've worked in libraries part time for like 4 years now, so that's what I'm told at least :shrugs:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
So we have a museum over here with a T-Rex skeleton. My sister asked me if I could take picture which I did. I thought the whole museum was dedicated to dinosaurs but I was wrong. I also saw the skeleton of a giant whale so 2 for the price of 1 :D
I love dinosaurs and paleontology. One of my obsessions along with music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom