• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
One of my best friends from uni is dropping out. A bunch of us went out for dinner last night and then went to see The Force Awakens, and he broke the news as we were leaving the theatre. It really is quite upsetting, with my demanding schedule I likely won't have many opportunities to see him again. :(

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I tasted Wine last Saturday. I know I told you all I'd never drink, but I figured it was kind of dumb that I was trying not to drink because I was afraid I'd turn out like my Father. I told you all I used to hate the smell of alcohol because it used to trigger flashbacks, but like I've told some of you, as I got older that whole thing got better. I still will never condone drinking and driving, for reason those of you who know me know about. So it was really a big moment of facing a demon. Just because my father was an alcoholic that doesn't mean I should be afraid to drink any alcohol at all. I'm not going to drink to get drunk, that is the difference between him and me. I don't plan on getting drunk, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying one glass of wine or something if offered it.

So yeah, big moment I thought I should share.

Dan

I tasted Wine last Saturday. I know I told you all I'd never drink, but I figured it was kind of dumb that I was trying not to drink because I was afraid I'd turn out like my Father. I told you all I used to hate the smell of alcohol because it used to trigger flashbacks, but like I've told some of you, as I got older that whole thing got better. I still will never condone drinking and driving, for reason those of you who know me know about. So it was really a big moment of facing a demon. Just because my father was an alcoholic that doesn't mean I should be afraid to drink any alcohol at all. I'm not going to drink to get drunk, that is the difference between him and me. I don't plan on getting drunk, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying one glass of wine or something if offered it.

So yeah, big moment I thought I should share.

I understand you clearly.
When I was going through that stage in my youth trying out alcohol, my Friend was very adamant not to have any what so ever as his Brother was a bit of an alcoholic getting home at stupid times in the morning and trying to pick fights with the household. That turned him away from alcohol completely, even the smell made him sick. He now drinks it every now and again but it's pretty clear people that see the bad sides of alcohol tend to stray away from it for a long time.

Talked to Australian friend who's coming to town tomorrow on the phone today, and my worries that it'd be awkward have pretty much vanished. I forgot how fun and open minded a person she is, and am really looking forward to the next few days now. :)

On a related note, I spent the afternoon compiling a mixtape for her, including editing songs for smooth transitions, and I'm incredibly pleased with how that turned out.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Waiting on some money to come in to upgrade my comp... all in the name of ONline dark souling.

I've also recently come to the conclusion that friends are useless.... then again this might be a sign of things going downhill again. Blech yay roll on the angry times.

Dan

I really need to do something about my wind chimes, they keep getting tangled up which brings both sadness and shame. I've also got to get cracking with some important chores soon but distractions just won't leave me.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I really need to do something about my wind chimes, they keep getting tangled up which brings both sadness and shame. I've also got to get cracking with some important chores soon but distractions just won't leave me.

That blows, wind chimes are so cool ^^, nothing sounds better than some chimes during a nice breezy day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom