• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
All of the Captain D's that we had here went out of business in the previous decade. My theory when I was younger was all of the local seafood places downtown drove them out of business. What tourists would travel here and go to Captain D's over getting local cuisine?

Anyway, it just crossed my mind that old theory doesn't hold up. We still have a Red Lobster and a Long John Silver's.

I always like Captain D's over Long John Silver's, honestly I don't get how that place stayed afloat all these years.

Ninja

Well well well
All of the Captain D's that we had here went out of business in the previous decade. My theory when I was younger was all of the local seafood places downtown drove them out of business. What tourists would travel here and go to Captain D's over getting local cuisine?

Anyway, it just crossed my mind that old theory doesn't hold up. We still have a Red Lobster and a Long John Silver's.

I always like Captain D's over Long John Silver's, honestly I don't get how that place stayed afloat all these years.

People familiarity and often resist change, even when it comes to food lol.

Man, we only have one LJS in town and it’s connected to an A&W. I miss going there! Surprisingly their chicken is really good and the hush puppies are *italian hand*

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
People familiarity and often resist change, even when it comes to food lol.

Man, we only have one LJS in town and it’s connected to an A&W. I miss going there! Surprisingly their chicken is really good and the hush puppies are *italian hand*
Never tried their chicken, but I won't argue on the hushpuppies. The one thing that always took Captain D's over the top for me, though, was that they are one of the few places that serve fried okra. So that's why I'd pick it over LJS.

Now A&W has decent burgers, and drinking root beer from a chilled mug is great.

Ninja

Well well well
Never tried their chicken, but I won't argue on the hushpuppies. The one thing that always took Captain D's over the top for me, though, was that they are one of the few places that serve fried okra. So that's why I'd pick it over LJS.

Now A&W has decent burgers, and drinking root beer from a chilled mug is great.

You know what is a great place to chill at? Dairy Queen! They have decent food but their blizzards be hitting different in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom