• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
How can one remain friends with people who wish you unhappiness behind your back?

You shouldn't. It can take time to get over being friends with someone even if they hurt you or did something behind your back to harm you, but the sooner you cut them from your life the sooner you'll be over them.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Though some folks want unhappiness, which is why I draw a distinction between happiness and satisfaction.

Deep down I don't think anyone wants to be unhappy. If people are driving you to that point it's best to remove them from your life. If you're not happy with your "friends" you shouldn't be satisfied with them either.

When you eventually reach the point where you're longer caring about something/someone you thought you couldn't get over, that is a very liberating feeling.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
I'm not equating being satisfied with jumping for joy, but it is a positive emotion close enough to happiness for me to link them.

I'm saying it isn't an emotion, but simply the state of getting what one wants.

Deep down I don't think anyone wants to be unhappy.

I'm not sure mate, but I don't want to assume either. Though this sort of gets into my thoughts in value theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom