• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Things LG Doesn't Know About: Is This Mafia? Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Okay so we can't know for sure if ExLight is lying or not. That's alright. But there's still a chance he is being honest, and if he is, would you wanna waste the Backup on a Paranoid Gun Owner? I know I wouldn't. Lynch someone else today and then you're all free to end me off tomorrow. I just want to give the Town its best chance to win, with or without me.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I don't think he's lying because to begin with i don't think he's even lightly implied he's a backup. I have no real reason to believe he's a backup and so i don't see lynching you as a waste.

I do believe that if he is telling the truth and is town that from his perspective lynching you today will cause some harm to the town in his mind, but considering what i imagine he considers harmful, i'm not evaluating that as being a large sacrifice to make, and certainly not a large enough sacrifice to dissuade me from lynching my top scumspect.

You don't need to say you're playing to the town win condition, its a given that everyone is at least pretending to play that way.

Pen

The game is on!
I think it's pretty obvious that ExLight is hinting at being some kind of Backup due to him liking the posts where we talked about that. If he isn't actually a Town Backup then he's either anti-town or a troll. Without a Town Backup in the game I have nothing against dying today.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
You're free to interpret his liking your posts that way, but thats not my interpretation, and so my feeling towards him stand.

Ragnarokio

I think he liked those posts specifically because he was breadcrumbing a role that justified postponing your lynch and you and rubik named roles that justified postponing your lynch.

Ragnarokio

if you flip scum then him and moe are obvious people to look at but until you flip scum there's no great point in reading that far ahead.

Its entirely feasible that he's town and has reasons to believe that you being lynched day 1 would be bad, whether or not you're scum.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Unvote
Vote: Rag

I'm not following your logic at all at this point. Either Ex is legitimately a backup, or he's playing a gambit Day 1 that would screw him over probably if Pen flips scum, accirding to you? If I'm catching your drift, Rag, you're implying Ex is a scumbud with Pen, and he's pulling all the stops to save Pen today? This is a terrible scumplay from both of them, assuming they are both scum.

Ragnarokio

@Pen: because of his role

In one very specific and improbable example, he might be a cop that loses the ability to investigate people as soon as the paranoid gun owner dies. There could be any number of reasons his role leads him to think that you being lynched today would be bad for the town.

@SMS: No that's incorrect. In my mind Ex is hinting that he doesn't want pen lynched today for role reasons, but is not hinting at anything beyond that. I'm not implying ex is a scumbud with pen. I think there's some merit to powerwolfing, but thats irrelevant to my argument, since i'm currently not building any sort of case on ex nor am i considering ex's actions indictive of pen's alignment.

Ragnarokio

also why are you voting me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom