• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

"There's no way I can pull that off again" Moments

Conor

the over analysing guy
This thread is about moments in zelda of personal awesome, that you have no Idea how you've been able to do them, but you did anyway, and you don't think you're going to be able to do again.
For me it's the first time I started playing A Link to the Past on my GBA, I had been trying possibly all day to get through the eastern palace, as it was my first time properly playing a zelda game, as opposed to exploring for a bit in Ocarina of time, it was challenging for me. Eventually, after many failed attempts, I got to the bouncing Armos Knights, I had slowly killed them off so only two remained, they lined up at the top of the room, getting ready to sweep down the room, right next to each other, I shot wildly, my shot landed dead in between the two Armos, killing the both in one hit, for another year I'd never even known that last Armos most people leave standing has a second stage.
So what about yours? Maybe you have a similar experience to me? Do share your stories of personal awesomeness :)

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Probably when I beat Ganon for the first time in Ocarina, I made the final hit with no fairies and a quarter of a heart health. I felt like a complete pro ;)

I beat Ganondorf once with the horseback battle in TP without getting knocked off my horse.
Zelda's light arrows just hit him all the time and he didn't even get the chance to chase after me.
The whole battle took me like a minute or so.
And I've beaten Gohma once in 10 seconds in boss gauntlet mode in OoT 3D (still trying those 6 seconds:P)

MW7

In the first room of the forest temple I was standing on top of one of the trees while the two grey wolfos were circling below. I jumped towards the door and jumpslashed, my attack recoiled against the overhang over the door, and I flew backwards towards the ground as my jumpslash incredibly struck and killed both wolfos. I think I could try a hundred more times to do that and never pull it off again.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Going through the Cave of Ordeals in TP with no fairies or potions, but all hearts (about 11) full. I'd just finished the Snow Mansion and wanted to try out the Cave. Unfortunately, after completing the first set of rooms, I looked at my item screen to get a new weapon and noticed I'd forgotten to refill my bottles. But instead of going back to restore my stock, I decided to make a run through and see how long it was before I died. As it was I didn't die, but made it out with half a heart. I used various strategies (using the Hawkeye to kill those archers on platforms and bombs to bring down enemies from below) and was extremely careful on harder foes, such as Freezards and, of course, Darknuts.

Pikacondon

Title.
I was playing my new OOT 3D and I got that amazing feeling when I beat Bongo Bongo without using any arrows. I used the Longshot, not knowing you were supposed to use arrows, and spin attacked his head, so what seemed like a not-so-smart fight was actually a brave idea. i don't think I could do it again though.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I was in the Bayside Skulltula Dungeon in MM. I talked to the chattering stalchildren. I though you only hit the Masks 4 times in a order. No, you had to check the whole skulltula house. I was goda*m lucky to not have failed.
It also hurt me to kill ganon in the Original LoZ. At the end, i had half a heart left, and my mind flipped when saw the fire. Then my calm self came in and told me to use a silver arrow.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Cave of Ordeals, Floor 99 (49, second time through) with 1/4 of a heart, no fairies, no potion, no bombs, no nothing really. Killed all four darknuts slowly, didn't take a hit (else i woulda died), and made it through to the end. Now, here's the fml moment. I walked right by the postman, forgetting that he was the reason I was there. I wanted to see his dialogue, but I completely missed him!

When I was playing AoL with a keyboard on an emulator, if you hold the left and right arrow keys, Link kinda freaks out and quickly goes from left to right. Anyway, I was in Death Mountain, and I tried to turn to the left when I was still holding right, and Link went flying to the right. I jumped as fast as I could, and I somehow missed all of the enemies that I didn't kill yet and flew into the exit of the cave.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I almost forgot about this thread! I'd have to say pikacondon is definitely my favourite so far, hopefully there will be more impressive ones to come :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom