• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild theory of inflation (rewards)

Bro....
I am not sure how to break this to you... But Skyrim is really just a watered down version of Oblivion for the masses......
The story isn't that good comparatively
The quests are mindless compared to Oblivion
Morrowind actually had way more variety in weapons and skills as well. There are way more different types of magic, magic is actually useful, you have more skills to level up, and items are way harder to find, making there more of a reason to do quests and dungeons in Oblivion.
The quests also give way better rewards in Oblivion as well.

Combat with your sword, and graphics were slightly better than Oblivion... But almost everything was better executed in Oblivion over Skyrim.
Read my post again fella, I never talked about how good Skyrim is, objectively or subjectively. I said it beat the **** out of Skyward Sword. Just look at their sales data. SS sold somewhere over 4 million, last I saw. Skyrim sold well over 20 million. Even accounting for the fact that Skyrim was available on two consoles, that's 10 million each, easily trouncing Skyward Sword.

And it isn't wise to assert that having more options makes a game superior: it's entirely possible to overcomplicate things. If the system is too dense or obtuse for enough people to use intuitively, then it isn't better by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Permanent, unbreakable weapons. Hopefully new ones. (Think Master Sword, Fire Rod, etc.) Tunics or different types of armor/ abilities would be interesting. That's one thing that made Skyward suffer for me- the tunic replacements were kinda silly. Like, the Goddess Hylia is gonna give me a pair of heat resistant earrings? Alllllrighty then. (Though no tunics did make sense for the story.)

Really hoping that all of the standard Hero items, aside from the Master Sword, are not in dungeons. Over anything I've said previously, I'd love something that's simply new and more creative. Things like the Magnesis Rune shows promise thus far for new ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom