• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TheGreen('s) Graphics

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Hokay:
Thanks for checking out my graphics thread!
I appreciate your valuable forum time.
I'm currently taking requests.

I'll be posting all types of stuff in here be it portraits that I've touched up, sigs, 3D models etc.

First up:
Zelda Dungeon Signatures

my first at ZD
Sig1.png

one I recently did for Mikau94 (but i replaced my Na'vi Link with Mikau's)
mikausig-1.png

here's what I had originally done
NaviToonLink.png

others:
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx329/JacobGreene/SigForWildturkey.jpg
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx329/JacobGreene/Sig10.gif
If you haven't figured out by now, my style is pretty simple. I'd like to think that I have the ability to make more common looking sigs, but I just don't like to...

Next:
Other Zelda Stuff

A temple I'm making for giggles (incomplete)
TriforceTemple.png

others:
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx329/JacobGreene/Triforce2.jpg
http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx329/JacobGreene/MMmoonOverSa.png

So ya. Let me know what you think. About my graphix, that is!!1!100!!
or you can just tell me how much you hate my guts. Whatevs really...

Kybyrian

Your sigs seem kind of long, like they would be something that would be used as a banner rather than a signature. Banners tend to be longer but about the same width as signatures, and that's what yours are looking like. You might want to try making them a little less long if at all possible.

TheGreen

Yeah! I got a request to make link if he were a Na'vi (the race of people on Pandora in the movie Avatar)
The stand alone link was mine, but the the one that ended up in the sig is credited to Mikau94.

@Kybyrian
Noted. I was kinda newb when I made that first one. I actually made is smaller for this post :S
I do prefer the banner ratio, though. Just personal preference I guess.

Yeah, some people do prefer longer signatures, as it allows for more in it. I'm someone that prefers a small one like the one I have no though as I don't concentrate on filling the rest of the signature, and concentrate on the render. If I were to make a bigger signature than this then I'd end up with a lot of open space and it would just look empty. You seem to be able to use your space and it isn't that tall, so it's not really that bad. Although, as Kybyrian said, it could probably do with smaller dimensions. I used to make the mistake of having oversized dimensions to, so I guess we all learn. As I said though, yours isn't to bad, it's only wide, and not high like a few people's signature on here seem to be.

Anyway, I like some of the designs that you have made, but I have a quetion. Are you making the temple for the Triforce from scratch? Because if so that's pretty cool, It looks like you have do to. I don't really know how to do things like that, since I am not the best at creating signatures that look like that. Never have been able to draw like that either...

Your sigs seem kind of long, like they would be something that would be used as a banner rather than a signature. Banners tend to be longer but about the same width as signatures, and that's what yours are looking like. You might want to try making them a little less long if at all possible.

Also, I can't make sense of the 2nd sentence in there. What do you mean that banners tend to be longer but about the same length of as signatures? I thought they were much longer, near around 1000 pixels?

TheGreen

Anyway, I like some of the designs that you have made, but I have a quetion. Are you making the temple for the Triforce from scratch? Because if so that's pretty cool, It looks like you have do to. I don't really know how to do things like that, since I am not the best at creating signatures that look like that. Never have been able to draw like that either...
Yes I am making it from scratch. I'm actually building a 3D model and that is a wide angle screen shot. It's from a program called Rhinoceros which can be yours for the low (student) price of $200! :S:
http://www.rhino3d.com/
Its really not that challenging if you know anything about CAD drawing. I've been learning it in school, so don't give me too much credit :P

Kybyrian

Also, I can't make sense of the 2nd sentence in there. What do you mean that banners tend to be longer but about the same length of as signatures? I thought they were much longer, near around 1000 pixels?

I said they were longer but about the same width as a banner. I believe that was a mistake on your part though and not what you meant to ask, though. Banners are ranging in length depending on what you want in it and how long the forum/site width is. For example, some forum softwares are smaller in width and don't take up as much space as VBulletin does, and therefore have smaller banners.

Kybyrian

What did ya make your Temple on? It's pretty awsome! I made one like that as well..

I believe he's using a 3D Studio program called Rhinoceros. It's like $200, and that's the student price.

@OoTLord: They're called Na'vi, so yes, the joke does kind of work. :P

And TheGreen, I'd like to see more of your works. Maybe you can go ahead and try some other stuff. Look up tutorials for the program that you're using and try to make more signatures. You haven't posted anything in a while, I'd like to see more of what you're able to do. :)

TheGreen

And TheGreen, I'd like to see more of your works. Maybe you can go ahead and try some other stuff. Look up tutorials for the program that you're using and try to make more signatures. You haven't posted anything in a while, I'd like to see more of what you're able to do. :)

Your wish is my command...
I'll edit this post once I throw something together.

...or maybe I'll just post something from the homework I'm supposed to be doing :/ ...

TheGreen

Here's some thing's I've been doing for school. Specifically my design class where we are researching Velodromes (where you do track cycling).
These two pictures are lungs. The first is an elite track cyclist's lungs and the second is an average male's. These were 3D models from Rhino and I actually got to build them in paper craft fashion.
LungsForInterwebs.png

LungsForWeb.png

This one is a sort of info-graphic. It me taking data and trying to make it pleasant to look at.
powerforweb.jpg

I have several others like this^, but they require a lot of explanation and aren't quite as attractive IMO.

EDIT: Also I'm working on a new sig.
EDIT: Ok, I was working on a new sig, but I've got more pressing stuff to get done...

Last edited:

TheGreen

I've been doing stuff so here it is:

This one was from an assignment to "sketch light"
LightSketch2.jpg

Here's the car, but I mostly drew from memory
originalpicture.jpg

These are from the GCC's

Skyward Sword Sig
TheGreenSkywardSwordSigEntry.png

N64 Sig
N64Sig.png

Free-For-All Avatar
to be included after competition

These were requests
Mikau94's Sig
Mikau94SigTake2.png

Kokirion's Avy
KidIcarusKingdomHeartsTake3.png

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
:P Nice graphics, TheGreen. I havn't entered the GCC yet, but I might consider it when they actually give us a proper topic. I hate coming up with ideas. :dry:

Anyways, was that car hand drawn? It's incredible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom