• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wii U's Price

MW7

I couldn't get the link to work but I heard it was rumored to cost as much as $600. I'd totally buy it on day one if a Zelda (almost impossible) or Mario (maybe) game releases with it. I'd willingly pay a couple thousand dollars just to be able to play the newest games in those two series. If Xbox 720 was the cure for cancer and Playstation 4 was a time machine- I'd still buy Wii U just for Zelda and Mario. Not to mention I'd buy the cure for cancer and a time machine as well, but Nintendo will always be my favorite for games.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Donkey Kong. I hope Retro starts a whole new series of games within the Donkey Kong universe or continues with the Country series.

Last edited:
Just No, Nintendo always put their consoles cheaper than competiters. Except 3DS but that didnt go well soo they may have learned to choose their own price rather than leave it to the shops.

While $600 is on the expensive side, I'd still be willing to buy it. Just not on day one. I'd wait a little to see if the price goes down as soon as it did with the 3DS (which is highly unlikely). However, Nintendo typically stays on the more reasonable side as they have tried to do. I expect the Wii U to be in between $300 and $400. That's more reasonable, and I'd much rather buy it at that price.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
What the heck? $600?!! That's insanity! Nintendo has to lower it, or it won't sell at all.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I only upgrade to a new console when there's a game I really want to play. So I imagine I'll wait until there's a Zelda game for it.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
That price os clearly a lie. Nintendo is wise and will sell the Wii U anywhere from $299.99-$399.99.

The Australian currency is higher than the American currency.

I think the price for the entire thing will be something like this:

$349.99 - Console + Controller
$249.99 - Just the console (this is just an estimate for the console only)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
$600 AUD I still don't think is reasonable; I know that they buy games and stuff for way higher price than us Americans do, I'd say about $400AUD depending ont he economy at the time of Wii U release. $300USD would be appropriate in my opinion; we all saw what the PS3 did at launch (flop), I don't think Nintendo wants their first HD console to flop.

Lord Death

Bichon Frise
I would think it'd be about $369.99, which I probably would be able to get from my parents for a birthday present with a slash on the Christmas gifts. But $600?! Naw, NintenDON'T do that. They are usually relatively good with prices. But to answer your question, I wouldn't pay a penny over $450.

On a random note, you had better not lose your Wii U controller... It's probably gonna cost you some big bucks... :(

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I would think it'd be about $369.99, which I probably would be able to get from my parents for a birthday present with a slash on the Christmas gifts. But $600?! Naw, NintenDON'T do that. They are usually relatively good with prices. But to answer your question, I wouldn't pay a penny over $450.

On a random note, you had better not lose your Wii U controller... It's probably gonna cost you some big bucks... :(
Read the Other Comments, this isnt for the US. Unless Your in AU your good. Ours will be about 350$ at MOST.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
EB is probably just throwing up a random price. However, the don't want to end up low-balling and then having customers who pre-ordered before the official price suddenly have to pay more [than they expected]. Therefore, they probably put up $600 as a safe estimate knowing that the price can only go down from there. Economics and marketing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom