• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The What If Theory: a Double Split in the Timeline!

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Miyamoto Timeline, plus countless subsequent confirmations that OoT is the earliest tale in the series.
OoT is supposed to tell the Seal War story in LttP's backstory.
OoT ends with Ganondorf turning into Ganon and being sealed in the SR, LttP starts with Ganon stuck in the SR.
OoT has Sages. LttP has maidens who claim to be descendants of Sages, showing a decline in power.
OoT has Hylians. LttP says Hylians died out.
what made you think OoT was after LttP?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Miyamoto Timeline, plus countless subsequent confirmations that OoT is the earliest tale in the series.
OoT is supposed to tell the Seal War story in LttP's backstory.
OoT ends with Ganondorf turning into Ganon and being sealed in the SR, LttP starts with Ganon stuck in the SR.
OoT has Sages. LttP has maidens who claim to be descendants of Sages, showing a decline in power.
OoT has Hylians. LttP says Hylians died out.
what made you think OoT was after LttP?

Actually, Ganon isn't sealed in the Sacred Realm in A Link to the Past. He was sealed in the Dark World. Two totally different things. And, the problem with Ocarina of Time was that it turned out to not explain the Seal/Imprisoning War. That's why I think that a game in between Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past would be great for the series.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The Dark World is the tainted Golden Land (source: LttP manual), which we know to be the Sacred Realm by the intent of OoT telling the story of the SW.

Huh. Then I remember it wrong. I'm wrong sometimes, as all are. Still, it had to be a war that got him there, not Ocarina of Time. That was a single person, not an amry with seven wise-men. And I know legends change over time, but the maidens were descendants of those wise-men, and reality doesn't change along with the legend.

Huh. Then I remember it wrong. I'm wrong sometimes, as all are. Still, it had to be a war that got him there, not Ocarina of Time. That was a single person, not an amry with seven wise-men. And I know legends change over time, but the maidens were descendants of those wise-men, and reality doesn't change along with the legend.

They were only called "Wise men" in the SNES version. In the GBA-Version this was changed to "Sages" so it seems Nintendo wanted to make the connection with OoT. There's still the problem with in OoT all Sages are from diffrent races but in ALttP they all seem to be human, but I explaind this in anoter post:

There’s no problem with Zelda, Nabouru, Saria, Rauru and Impa. We know the ALttP-Zelda being an ancestor of the OoT-Zelda. The other Maidens aren’t too old for being a Kokiri, the Gerudo-Maid just simple dyed her hair and there is no reason for the maiden not being hylian or shiekah. The only problems are the Goron und the Zora maid. The Zora maid can be explained rather simply. The Zoras evolved into the Ritos between OoT and WW. In ALttP we see something between a Zora and a Rito with a skin-colored skin and no fins just like a Rito, but also with no bill and wings just like a Zora. (This may be the time when they used the Grappling Hook). The Goron is harder to explain. We know Darunia and the Hero of Time being Sworn Brothers. What if one of Darunia's ancestors also had a sworn brother but no children on his own? The ancestor of his sworn brother would be the maid. As this whole being-a-sage-thing seems like a kind of magic to me, there is no reason for it to be passed down from father to son or something like this.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
They were only called "Wise men" in the SNES version. In the GBA-Version this was changed to "Sages" so it seems Nintendo wanted to make the connection with OoT. There's still the problem with in OoT all Sages are from diffrent races but in ALttP they all seem to be human, but I explaind this in anoter post:

Huh. Well, I haven't played the GBA version, so I didn't know that. Still, that doesn't necessarily mean they were the same sages from Ocarina of Time, even if it was intended at first. They could write it to where they were the Sages from Twilight Princess, or new ones. I think that would be a wise idea.

Huh. Well, I haven't played the GBA version, so I didn't know that. Still, that doesn't necessarily mean they were the same sages from Ocarina of Time, even if it was intended at first. They could write it to where they were the Sages from Twilight Princess, or new ones. I think that would be a wise idea.

There's no way for the sealing-war-sages being the sages from TP. We have seven wise-men/sages, but only six sages and one of them was killed prior to TP. They could be new one, but I don't belive this because they are to many similaritys between OoT and the sealing war. But that's just me

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
There's no way for the sealing-war-sages being the sages from TP. We have seven wise-men/sages, but only six sages and one of them was killed prior to TP. They could be new one, but I don't belive this because they are to many similaritys between OoT and the sealing war. But that's just me

Good point. Like I said, though, they could make some new ones, and should. I think a game between Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past would be an excellent idea. There's just a perfect gap there, and it's supposed to go like that in the "timeline" anyway. (TP -- ALttP)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
If we're going to debate the Seal War, I should refer you all to an article Mosley wrote a long time ago about how our perception of ALttP and the Seal War has changed over time. He has a lot of very strong arguments in it:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?7315-The-Seal-War-and-the-Zelda-Timeline&highlight=Seal

I remember this being posted (and the time it took to read). It was a great article. I could just never figure out why he put The Minish Cap first. (Especially since he never gave any specific evidence for it.)

T

toxic_embraces

I cant read the thread DuckNoises mentioned :-(
Can anyone fill me in with the highlights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom