• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Whale

it's cool, you got your point across, didn't you? and, to back up your theory, maybe Zelda falling into the whale is the very opening scene. i mean, in every Zelda game (except the first two), Link is either asleep or dozing off. SwS will prolly be no exception. maybe he has the dream and is awoken be Zelda telling him he's late for school... we'll never know until the game is released.

Exactly, this is the whole problem. I've an article of some sorts (I think it was on ZU) of someone who spoke to a Nintendo representative, who told them that the game opens with Link having a dream, just like in OoT. The thing is, I can't find the article or
newspost anymore, so I can't use it to back up the theory :(
But I have seen and read it, so I know it's there...

IHNo

The Other Side
I'm just going to state that I agree with what Wolf Sage, Yonatesf, and zeldahuman have been discussing, rather than repeating everything they've said. The whole "Link dreams Zelda's horrific incident and wakes up" thing makes perfect sense to me, especially with the proof to back it up.

My other thoughts being that I definitely believe this whale to be a good guy, and henceforth the servant of the goddess that the Skyloftians worship (the giant statue....).
Also, I'm hoping that it is Lord Jabu-Jabu, because, in my opinion, that would just be too cool. Not completely sure how it would fit in with the rest of the story (as that is yet to be seen), but him being in this game would rock my world, honestly.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Also, I'm hoping that it is Lord Jabu-Jabu, because, in my opinion, that would just be too cool. Not completely sure how it would fit in with the rest of the story (as that is yet to be seen), but him being in this game would rock my world, honestly.
well, in Ocarina of Time, King Zora does mention that Jabu-Jabu is a "Guardian God"... so we can assume Jabu-Jabu's very old... old enough to be the "Loathsome servant of teh Goddess" AKA, the Whale...

IHNo

The Other Side
well, in Ocarina of Time, King Zora does mention that Jabu-Jabu is a "Guardian God"... so we can assume Jabu-Jabu's very old... old enough to be the "Loathsome servant of teh Goddess" AKA, the Whale...

Oh man, oh man! I sure hope this is the case! :D
Now I wonder who this goddess could be? Anyone have any ideas? :S
I also wonder what becomes of Zelda's bird, cause it looks like it was sucked down with Zelda, but it wasn't "eaten"....

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Oh man, oh man! I sure hope this is the case! :D
Now I wonder who this goddess could be? Anyone have any ideas? :S
I also wonder what becomes of Zelda's bird, cause it looks like it was sucked down with Zelda, but it wasn't "eaten"....
Dude (dude-et?), you're getting off-topic... xD

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
In terms of the dream theory, I haven't read into it very much, I just glanced at a couple of posts on here, so sorry if this was already posted. If that scene happens to be a dream - similar to Link's dream in OoT - it could still very well also happen in 'real life' - as the dream in OoT also actually occured.
As for who, or what (as I never really thought of it as a whale, especially at first) it is, I really have no idea, and I'm trying not to speculate too much as of yet.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
In terms of the dream theory, I haven't read into it very much, I just glanced at a couple of posts on here, so sorry if this was already posted. If that scene happens to be a dream - similar to Link's dream in OoT - it could still very well also happen in 'real life' - as the dream in OoT also actually occured.
As for who, or what (as I never really thought of it as a whale, especially at first) it is, I really have no idea, and I'm trying not to speculate too much as of yet.
no, that wasn't said, and i never took that into consideration! I think you're onto something, that the dream happens in a similar manner in "real Life" because, if i remember correctly, Link's dream in OoT showed him with absolutely no equipment, but when it actually happens, he has the Kokiri Sword and a Shield. Maybe Link's Dream in SS is in that similar manner, it happens for the most part. Maybe Link, in real life, already has the Hero's Clothes or something like that.

Great thinking Y2K3!!

I definitely agree with this. Just like in OoT, it will actually happen. But I think there will be a difference in SS. Again, I don't think the 'whale' is real, I think it's a metaphor or symbol for the evil on the surface, the evil that captures Zelda. So I think it's a much more symbolic prophetic dream in SS than it is in OoT.

Imagine how AWESOME of a twist it would be in the story if the goddess they worshiped was actually EVIL. And thats how the gods in OOT came about.. Think about it!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Really? Here we go again claiming to know things for certain when there is simply not enough evidence to go on. We have no clue what has happened. Trailers are not meant to show the plot in detail, we get a few short scenes out of context to get us interested. Sure it's fun to speculate, but don't act as if there is only one possibility. For all we know, Phi could have come to Link in a dream.

Dude. Link was falling off of his bird right after the tornado was shown. What does that suggest? Besides... "Loathsome servant of the goddess." That shows it right there.

I definitely agree with this. Just like in OoT, it will actually happen. But I think there will be a difference in SS. Again, I don't think the 'whale' is real, I think it's a metaphor or symbol for the evil on the surface, the evil that captures Zelda. So I think it's a much more symbolic prophetic dream in SS than it is in OoT.

Ok, where is the idea that it's a dream coming from, anyway? I've never seen anything to suggest it. In fact, I've only seen the opposite. Please show me proof that it's a dream, because you haven't provided any.

Pen

The game is on!
I think that the whale at first seems to be a bad guy, cuz you think he kidnaps Zelda. Later on you'll find out that it was Lord Jabu-Jabu, sent out to save her by the goddesses. But somewhere in the middle of the game Zelda gets kidnaped by Ghirahim, for real! D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom