• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time The Unicorn Fountain: How Much Do You Know About It?

Z

Zero the Cursed

I know that is was taken out of the OoT game at the last minute. And that is was supposed to give you the sword beam. But why was it taken out?

The Sword Beam was removed completely, which is like the reason they decided to remove it.

It was essentially a fancy Fairy Fountain, so it would have had no purpose without the thing it was intended to give you.

"The Unicorn Fountain"? With a title like that, I doubt it was a last minute drop.

Looking up on the wiki, I know that it could've been located in Zora's Domain, where apparently there's a gap. Also, looking at some pictures I also know it had some Unicorns and the Triforce on the fountain. :)

Z

Zero the Cursed

well if they took it out, it couldve been just a regular fairy fountain. but oh well

well if they took it out, it couldve been just a regular fairy fountain. but oh well
But what would there have been left for you to get at the Fairy Fountain?

Everything was already given at another one. If they dropped the Sword Beam, they'd have to get rid of something else.

And I agree with Zenox that it probably wasn't a last minute drop.

Not all Fairy Fountains give you things, I think he/she means a Fairy Fountain that gives you free fairies to bottle, not a Great Fairy Fountain where you get a new skill/item.
Oh. Well I suppose that's true.

But at the same time, it would be weird to have this one "special" Fairy Fountain.

Z

Zero the Cursed

yea that wat i meant to write. that it gives u fairies. (Im a guy btw)

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The thing would have served as some sort of way to earn the Triforce or as a sidequest. The existence of the fountain tells me that Zora's Domain would have unfreezed and you would have been able to go down there. But that is all I know, whether the thing would have impacted the story is unclear to me.

M

Muten

It only got the title "Unicorn Fountain" from the fans. It never truly existed since it was merely an early version of the actual fountains. Everytime you enter a fountain, it is the so called Unicorn Fountain.

Do we even know there was supposed to be a fairy fountain there? As far as I know, the only evidence we had for it was because there was a dead-ended little alcove that looked like an entrance to something underneath the ice. I actually used a bunch of cheats, and got under the ice, but it was kind of disappointing.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Do we even know there was supposed to be a fairy fountain there? As far as I know, the only evidence we had for it was because there was a dead-ended little alcove that looked like an entrance to something underneath the ice. I actually used a bunch of cheats, and got under the ice, but it was kind of disappointing.

I used to get to the entrance with glitches, but too bad they completely removed the data of it. But yeah, that was supposed to be the entrance of the unicorn fountain.

here are some images of the unicorn fountain.
shot12.jpg

zelda05.jpg

Kybyrian

Everything that I've heard about the Unicorn Fountain was something to do with the Triforce, I haven't heard anything else otherwise. Never have I had the idea of it being a special fairy fountain, just a place with the Triforce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom