• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Timeline is Simple and Here It Is.

Before I started this timeline, I did allot of research and in game searching to make sure I made one that would look really good and I'm sure allot of you do that too but I spent months and trust me, I made allot of changes too before I posted this. When I said it was "simple" I'm really saying "Hey look, I'm going to show you (or try too) how I think the timeline works that makes it look simple". So any of you that laughed it's ok, I understand and I take no offense ;)

Now, the biggest debate we've had so far is placing the MC and Four Sword games together between myself and Forlong. Yes, it's true these games are hard to place in the timeline but the main reason why I place them where I do is because of Ganon at the end of FSA. I still believe this is the same Ganon in ALttP and OoX and I will continue to stick with this theory until something changes, if anything does.

Speaking of OoX, for those who say they are also hard to place I want to know how? Isn't it pretty obvious where they go? I explained it. Ganon is dead prior to this game. That means it would have to either take place after ALttP or LoZ. So with my theory it's not hard to place it where I did (IMO). Anyways....

Basically, I'm just a long time spectator on these boards who decided to sign up and not just talk about the timeline but just to talk about Zelda in general too and I'm looking forward to it more. But again thanks for all your feedback and you can continue to debate or ask questions if you want but I am sticking to this timeline I made as I believe it is one of the most accurate, agree or disagree it doesn't matter and thanks for those who did like and support it.

Oh ya...

I don't know what got it in your head that Ganon is a different person from Ganondorf

It's just my theory is all. I mean I will admit though that I'm not 100% convinced they are different but as of right now they are. If that changes for sure, I'll make sure your the first one to know :). Oh and of course when Zelda said in FSA that Ganon is a ancient demon reborn that "got in my head" to think they are different. I guess that would also make Ganondorf the human the ancient demon reborn too. Whatever...

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
It's just my theory is all. I mean I will admit though that I'm not 100% convinced they are different but as of right now they are. If that changes for sure, I'll make sure your the first one to know :). Oh and of course when Zelda said in FSA that Ganon is a ancient demon reborn that "got in my head" to think they are different. I guess that would also make Ganondorf the human the ancient demon reborn too. Whatever...

Not to spoil anything but...
Demise is the so called "Ancient Demon", one reason for it being is that he is called the "Demon King" (Even though Malladus also possess the title, but Demise is older).
Now I'm not sure weather or not that is confirmed but it makes sense (To me anyways).

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Your placement of FS is flawed. First off, word of god says that it was the first game in the timeline upon release (MC obviously would change that fact).

Aonuma said that they consider the FS games to be the earliest on the timeline, but that doesn't mean he meant they were first. He would never say that. It'd write him into a corner. At the time they probably thought they would be, but there's just no way that they are. The stories make it completely impossible. Ganondorf's origins are in OoT, so how could Ganon be in FSA? He can't.

Aonuma said that they consider the FS games to be the earliest on the timeline, but that doesn't mean he meant they were first. He would never say that. It'd write him into a corner. At the time they probably thought they would be, but there's just no way that they are. The stories make it completely impossible. Ganondorf's origins are in OoT, so how could Ganon be in FSA? He can't.
All I heard was "he didn't mean exactly what he said". That's a weak counter-argument. Ganondorf can be in both FSA and OoT. In FSA, he's not leader of the Gerudo Tribe yet, he seeks to destroy Hyrule, and his actions are unknown by Hyrule. He could logically return in OoT. Unless I hear exactly what about the story of FSA prevents it from being prior to OoT, I'm not buying it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
All I heard was "he didn't mean exactly what he said".

Then you weren't reading properly.

Ganondorf can be in both FSA and OoT. In FSA, he's not leader of the Gerudo Tribe yet, he seeks to destroy Hyrule, and his actions are unknown by Hyrule. He could logically return in OoT.

You must not know the story of FSA that well. Ganondorf was once the King of the Gerudos in the backstory of FSA. He became a wandering nomad because he broke into the pyramid guarding the Trident of Power. So he was indeed their leader. Just not anymore.

Unless I hear exactly what about the story of FSA prevents it from being prior to OoT, I'm not buying it.

Ganondorf would have been remembered by the Royal Family as someone who attacked in the past. He was completely unknown by anyone in OoT, even the King himself. The King even bought into Ganondorf's lies. That along with the fact that he was heralded as their King, I think we've covered only a few of the many reasons why it's accepted that FSA doesn't come before OoT.

Last edited:
G

GamezMasterJr.

I agree, that Ganon will always be Ganon. I actually had this conversation with someone else the other day about it. But throughout the series Ganon has taken on different forms, but in all truth, no matter if he's human, an evil wizard, a demon pig, it's all the same person. And I agree in TP that despite in his human horm, instead of being called Ganondorf like in Oot, he was called Ganon. I mean if anything there could be confusion with being called Ganondorf in his human form, but to me it's just a name and nothing more.

As for my thoughts on the timeline, it's a difficult topic because it's not so simple. It's a pretty complicated universe. I've read through a lot of theories and timelines myself, but what always throws me off is what I find in Miyamoto interviews. Like from my Sept issue of GI, it was stated there was an official timeline, but it wont get released. Or hints of how the some parts of the timeline fit, but I will now list my opinion of the timeline.

Like every Zelda game there is I believe the time line would start with the original Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker/Twilight Princess. ( I am currently still haven't added Skyward Sword in it because I'm still playing through it). My reason for this timeline will now be explained. As in most of the Zelda games, the basic plot always seems to connect with was best explained in Oot, which is Ganon basically trying to recollect the other triforce pieces. Which in Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, Ocarina of time, thus happens if put in more simple terms. "The Triforce is a sacred relic that reappears throughout the Legend of Zelda series. These golden sacred triangles were left behind by the three Golden Goddesses — Din, the Goddess of Power; Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom; and Farore, the Goddess of Courage — after the creation of the land of Hyrule. It was formed at the point where they ascended to the heavens, in a different dimension connected to Hyrule called the Sacred Realm, which would later be referred to as the "Golden Land." The Triforce consists of three separate sacred golden triangles: the Triforce of Power (top), the Triforce of Wisdom (left), and the Triforce of Courage (right). The Triforce has the power to grant the wish of whomever touches it, and molds the Sacred Realm to reflect that person's heart. The Triforce does not discriminate between "good" or "evil". However, if a person without an equal balance of power, wisdom, and courage makes a wish, the Triforce will split into its three separate parts: the piece that best personifies the wish-maker will be the only piece to remain in hand, whilst the other two will take residence in whosoever most personifies them. Reassembly is then required for such a person's wish to be granted, but does not exclude another from making the attempt." (text is not my own but resource taken from http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Triforce) Thus said it explains Ganon's role as well as Link and Zelda's. And as to why I lumped Wind Waker and Twilight Princess together, was from what I read in one of my old Nintendo Powers from an interview with Miyamoto. He had explained that after Ocarina of Time was made, he wanted to make 2 alternate endings to it. One where 100 years after Link would prevail in defeating Ganon after his return as a Child, and 100 years after Link would prevail in defeating Ganon as an adult. Granted those 2 stories aren't as simple and there is more to it I would hope my point is made. But as I have noticed with the Zelda series, it always gave me the feeling that each game was a re-telling of the original tale, and the destined hero would return to fill the prophecy. As I've looked to it, it seems that the 3 main characters are always returning is it, as in away they are bound to the triforce. This reason is because even if they aren't the original characters, I always looked at them to be decendants, therefore the powers would be passed down to them. And I know there are also other Zelda games besides the ones I have listed, but they could just be other re-tellings of the original tale, but not the real stories that continue the main plot. But like I said it is my opinion.

S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Very good timeline, there is only one flaw- in the end of the oracle games zelda introduces herself, but link met zelda before in ALttP so it couldn't be the same link and zelda.

G

GamezMasterJr.

The way I always gathered it was they were desecendents from the the originals, I mean it couldn't be the originals or else it'd make no since and they'd be thousands of years old, lol.

I do have two Ganons in my timeline, just not GANON, or GANONDORF as different beings. :hmm: Well MC was made after most of the Zelda games, this could mean they were prepared to have Ganon get the Trident of Power. Further more, he stays as beast after grabbing the Trident of Power for the rest of the series. But they look different so that might not be quite right.....

G

GamezMasterJr.

Well i suppose if anything that's what I believe is the fun of the Zelda Theory. Since Miyamoto wont confirm much, there is pretty much only speculation. But after beating Skyward Sword, Ganon's role in the game makes soooooo much more sense, but I don't want to give spoilers if there are people who still haven't beat it. At any rate though if you think about it though, Ganon, Zelda, and Link were bound to the triforce. But if they were all the same person since the beginning, they'd be over a thousand years old, and would defeat the purpose of them being mortals in the game. If you look closesly each of the games though, there always one hint that Link isn't the original, or he ressambles the Chosen Hero, Hero of Time, etc. But after new information from SS, my views have changed about Ganon as well. He might be made to resemble the same character, but in the end just like Zelda and Link, he's a descendant from the original. I mean in Oot, Ganon was born in the Gerudo Tribe, so who's to say another wasn't born in another time that would fit with the other games? Although Ganon has pretty much been the same since the beginning, he always has his demon pig form, and when Link to the Past came out, Ganon disguised himself as a wizard basically till the end. But If you're interested in my true opinion on Ganon, message me, but I will warn they will give spoilers of SS.

U

unregistered~~

These two are the most accepted timelines, but both are still contradictory with the FSS. They have no official place right now and can't be accurately placed anywhere in any order. I realized this a few years ago back when I actually cared about the timeline. So, I really don't have anything else to say other than it's just a theory for now and is in no way the actual timeline. Nintendo themselves don't know the true timeline, yet. They're just playing it by ear as they make the games. Sure, they have a general idea with what they want to do, but they don't have everything set in stone. So, yeah, that's what I've got. (I could go into detail on things, but I've done that way too much in the past, so I don't feel like doing so now.)

According to an interview in Nintendo Informer, there is actually a "Master Document" held by only one or two people in the company. Miyamoto and Anouma have it, as far as I know, so I don't think they're just going to be playing it by ear.

I believe that LoZ and AoL take place on the same timeline. OoT was the game that introduced the split timeline, and was meant to be a prequel to ALttP, itself a prequel to LoZ. It makes no sense to think that there was a split timeline before OoT's release, and the only explanation for that would be a retcon.

G

gAmer_Matt

Cool. Looks like most of the timeline is correct with some games and their sequels being attached but yeah, I've heard the FS games are the hardest to place so who knows about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom