• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Switch is DOOMED

Hopefully the kinks are ironed out already had a few issues (warping system, randomly switching my input even while off, and occasionally left joycon desync).

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The dock just needs to be refurbished with some padding on the interior and a backside cooling duct/fan to prevent overheating. How will the Switch survive in the summer? Everything else just works for this marvel.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Hopefully the kinks are ironed out already had a few issues (warping system, randomly switching my input even while off, and occasionally left joycon desync).
You just had some bad luck my friend. Defective units are a thing, but luckily Nintendo will fix those for you for free(and the randomly switching input can be changed with a setting as well)

You just had some bad luck my friend. Defective units are a thing, but luckily Nintendo will fix those for you for free(and the randomly switching input can be changed with a setting as well)
No setting, on the switch or my tv. My best friend also has the same problem, and there is a nintendo help post I linked in the my warping switch thread. You can just take it out of the dock I believe though. That's what I've been doing.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
No setting, on the switch or my tv. My best friend also has the same problem, and there is a nintendo help post I linked in the my warping switch thread. You can just take it out of the dock I believe though. That's what I've been doing.
Sorry to hear that. I do hope that gets fixed.... That just seems like a dunce move between both Samsung and Nintendo.

But.... Obviously. Switch is doomed guys. It's only sold 2.74 million by the end of march(I would not be surprised if it was close to 4 million by the end of april). And it looks like things will continue marching forward with fantastic released(especially when Splatoon 2 releases. It's over in Japan. 100 % over. Plus when Mario Odyssey comes westward as well).

Sorry to hear that. I do hope that gets fixed.... That just seems like a dunce move between both Samsung and Nintendo.

But.... Obviously. Switch is doomed guys. It's only sold 2.74 million by the end of march(I would not be surprised if it was close to 4 million by the end of april). And it looks like things will continue marching forward with fantastic released(especially when Splatoon 2 releases. It's over in Japan. 100 % over. Plus when Mario Odyssey comes westward as well).
It seems be a Switch issue. If you look at the thread people with other brands are also reporting the problem, it just happens that Samsung is getting the worst of it.

Aku

Actually the even bigger sign is coming from the developers.
  • They are saying how easy it is to develop for and port to the switch.
  • PS4 games are being ported to the Switch in a week or less at times. Sure that's just a rough port, but a week to port. That's crazy good.
  • Also now Nintendo is literally asking devs at game conference shows, "what does Nintendo need to do for you to make you port your game to the Switch".
  • Nintendo learned unity and unreal. Not to make games with. Purely to help 3rd parties using those 2 engines port and make games for the Switch.
  • Nintendo streamlined the approval process for games coming to the Switch.
  • The developers really like the Switch SDK.

Stuff like that is what we want to be hearing. it's very good news.

Hmmm...
Nintendo appears to be learning from it's mistakes...
The Switch appears to be selling phenomenonally quite well...
Nintendo might be entering into a second Golden Age...

*Gasps in horror* That must mean Nintendo is failing, the Switch is doomed! :eek::eek::eek:

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Nintendo is going to have another flop of a console on their hands if they aren't careful.

Initially I thought the Switch would be a success story with it being a hybrid of home console and portable. A machine that could lap up both of Nintendo's existing consumer bases (handheld and home console owners) and have them all on one machine, as well as tapping into the mainstream gamers who are yet undecided about getting an X1 or PS4.

However. Retardendo appear yet again hell bent on self sabotage. Just as what happened with the Wii U vs 3DS situation, we know games are going to be releasing for Switch that also have a 3DS version, making spending hundreds on buying a new switch for a game that could be played on a cheaper or already owned console sound like an unattractive prospect indeed.

Switch needs attractive exclusives which appeal to mainstream audiences to gain new buyers and looking at the lineup it isn't really getting any on release. The biggest release of course is Breath of the Wild and that isn't even exclusive to the Switch and for me it is the only reason I am going to buy the console.

What it seems like to me at least by my observation of Ninty not phasing out the 3DS, is that their strategy is to sell Switch as a home console and not as the replacement for both home and handheld it should be. This puts it in direct competition with the both 3DS and the PS4.

PS4 is the most powerful home console and has the best lineup. Unless you are really into the exclusives of Xbox or Nintendo you'll go PS4 as your games machine. That's why it is the best selling home console of this gen, the consumer has voted with their wallet there. It's got the exclusives and it's got the best running versions of 3rd party games. What's Switch got? Where's the exclusives? And let us remember that all the 3rd party games will be the worst running and looking of any of the soon to be three main home consoles. So why buy a Switch? Where are these millions of consumers that are needed going to come from? If not from the 3DS crowd. The Wii U crowd? Thats what it seems like they are going for. Though as we all know crowd would be a massive exaggeration of the size of that buyer base.

I hope Nintendo changes strategy and gets lots of Switch Sales. For me who only cares about Zelda, that means more people will get to experience the franchise that I am into and as a result of the extra interest ensure that it keeps being made and that the company puts more effort into producing titles for it.

Currently their plan looks like it will lead them to ruin again just like with the Wii U. So. Anyone who is still optimistic about the Switch can you tell me where all these buyers are going to come from?

Well said.

I don't see why anyone would buy a Switch for a third party title. The hardware is crap for a system coming out in the late 2010's, and most of these games are already out for PS4, Xbox, and even PC. To me, the Switch feels like a portable Wii U aka an innovative console without innovative games.

As for buyers, I think loyal Nintendo fans are fools if they buy into this. Nintendo is basically stealing money from people at this point.

So now the real question is, who is the bigger idiot? Nintendo or the Nintendo consumer?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well said.

I don't see why anyone would buy a Switch for a third party title. The hardware is crap for a system coming out in the late 2010's, and most of these games are already out for PS4, Xbox, and even PC. To me, the Switch feels like a portable Wii U aka an innovative console without innovative games.

As for buyers, I think loyal Nintendo fans are fools if they buy into this. Nintendo is basically stealing money from people at this point.

So now the real question is, who is the bigger idiot? Nintendo or the Nintendo consumer?

The consumers are the real idiots for supporting them. Nintendo are just arrogant and greedy. They'll try to get away with as much milking as they can. Just like with the amiibo scam selling 1$ worth of DLC with a crappy toy attached to it to try and justify a 12$ price tag.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
The consumers are the real idiots for supporting them. Nintendo are just arrogant and greedy. They'll try to get away with as much milking as they can. Just like with the amiibo scam selling 1$ worth of DLC with a crappy toy attached to it to try and justify a 12$ price tag.

Amiibo functions are absolute crap. I personally think it's a good idea if it's done well, but a lot of the supposed amiibo "upgrades" and such are pointless. Amiibos should have been released simply as collectible figures if anything. Nintendo definitely can't implement "toys" into video games in the same way that Disney Infinity does, and it's done right in that game.

I wanted to say that as a first time E3 spectator, I was disappointed by the Nintendo showcase. It felt very impersonal, and it left me with a bad taste in mouth. Nintendo doesn't make me feel like they actually care about us, their fans.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Amiibo functions are absolute crap. I personally think it's a good idea if it's done well, but a lot of the supposed amiibo "upgrades" and such are pointless. Amiibos should have been released simply as collectible figures if anything. Nintendo definitely can't implement "toys" into video games in the same way that Disney Infinity does, and it's done right in that game.

I wanted to say that as a first time E3 spectator, I was disappointed by the Nintendo showcase. It felt very impersonal, and it left me with a bad taste in mouth. Nintendo doesn't make me feel like they actually care about us, their fans.

I have been watching E3 for years. And Nintendo rarely has a good showing anymore. Their only good one that I can remember recently was the one where Iwata fought Reggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom